Resident Evil Revelations

addyb

Distinguished Member
Couldn't see a thread for this so thought I'd start one. Next big game for the 3DS and looks pretty damn good.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yeah know what you mean. Im only getting it as its effectively free with the offer from zavvi.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Well very impressed with the demo. Had to make some changes in the settings to get the controls how i wanted and remove the first person viewpoint for shooting. Visuals look great in 2D and the max setting for 3D in the game gives it great depth.

Really looking forward to release now. Im still confused as to what the circle pad pro will do to enhance the controls though.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
It lets you control it in the style of an FPS, utilising the 2 sticks, and 4 collar buttons, similar for Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater, and Monster Hunter Tri.

See Zavvi have whacked their price up to £39.95 pre-order for the Resi/Circle Pad pack..
They're getting good at upping their prices. :mad:

Last edited:

addyb

Distinguished Member
It lets you control it in the style of an FPS, utilising the 2 sticks, and 4 collar buttons, similar for Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater, and Monster Hunter Tri.

See Zavvi have whacked their price up to £39.95 pre-order for the Resi/Circle Pad pack..
They're getting good at upping their prices. :mad:

Resident Evil Revelations: Developers Interview - Controls & Circle Pad Pro - YouTube

Never used zavvi that much. Will they honour the original price i pre ordered at? (29.99)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Never used zavvi that much. Will they honour the original price i pre ordered at? (29.99)

I hope so, so have I...:rotfl:
Although, I doubt I will get it for release on Friday, they are pretty useless now.
Probably cancel and go elsewhere, TBH.

I've got House of the Dead Overkill Extended, and 2 PSMove gun shells coming, and apparently, not being dispatched till nearly the end of February..:thumbsdow
Quick change from "dispatched within 48 hours", (that's been a week now), and I can see those prices getting hiked up too.

They did it the other week with Street Fighter 3DS and Dead Or Alive Dimensions, from £9.99 to £14.99, and from £12 or thereabouts, to £30 respectively.

Got the out of stock email, then not 20 minutes later, when I went to check my account, they were back in stock at the higher price.:thumbsdow

ursine benn

3000gto said:
Just got the zavvi despatch e mail :thumbsup:
Pre order price (minus 10%) so £26.96 :clap::clap:

Yep, same here, order despatched this morning at the preorder price of £29. That a £10 saving over their current price for the same item, i am a happy guy.

oliscott

Received mine this morning and had a quick half hour bash. Great game thus far, feels like your playing one of the early Resi's really. Only gripe is getting to grips with the camera using the thumbstick. Can take a bit of panning around which can get annoying when your in the middle of shooting something.

D

Deleted member 65413

My Zavvi order arrived this morning. CPP is actually pretty cool and should help me with Mariokart with thumb cramp. Resi is superb, graphics are fantastic and really getting into it.

WolfCarnage77

Only played the Demo but I'm most impressed. Great use of the 3D and graphics. Made me jump more than once :0

On my to get list for sure.

D

Deleted member 65413

Played quite a bit today, impressed, real old school Resi title.

gwyper

It's a great game.

I'm on episode 3 at the moment.

My only gripe is the huge jumps from episode to episode. I'd prefer a continuous game.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Not had chance to play it. Got mine from zavvi on thursday but was taken to hospital friday morning with kidney pains and im still here now. Wife fetched my 3DS in but obviously been in no mood to switch it on.

Look forward to playing it once I feel better. Was supposed to have an op today but now been told I have to wait as im non urgent???? God bless the NHS! :suicide:

Amph

Distinguished Member
Not had chance to play it. Got mine from zavvi on thursday but was taken to hospital friday morning with kidney pains and im still here now. Wife fetched my 3DS in but obviously been in no mood to switch it on.

Look forward to playing it once I feel better. Was supposed to have an op today but now been told I have to wait as im non urgent???? God bless the NHS! :suicide:

Holy squit dude! Hope you get on the mend soon.

Take care.

oliscott

Currently up to chapter 4 I think it is, loving it do far. It's just nice to play cod for a few hours and fall back into a good game that you can lie in bed playing. Almost like your playing a console game.

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
So glad it wasn't a racist video... :rotfl::rotfl: (Or Dutch....)

One other point, the naysayers who are hoping for a 3DS redesign, look at what the OPTIONAL circle pad pro gives, an extra analogue, and ups the collar buttons to 4..so it's not just a second stick, you get 3 extra buttons too, not so pocket sized then I think.

Last edited:

ursine benn

RottenFox said:
So glad it wasn't a racist video... :rotfl::rotfl: (Or Dutch....)

One other point, the naysayers who are hoping for a 3DS redesign, look at what the OPTIONAL circle pad pro gives, an extra analogue, and ups the collar buttons to 4..so it's not just a second stick, you get 3 extra buttons too, not so pocket sized then I think.

Ha ha, when I was looking around for a decent unboxing, all I could find were ones in which the person was Dutch, which really isn't helpful as they could be slating it and you wouldn't know.
I'm sure the Dutch would feel the same if it were mostly English videos on YouTube (which it is) so my sympathy is with them.

gwyper

Just finished episode 3. It's a really great game. The enemies are fairly tough. I've not died yet, but I'm pretty cautious in everything I've been doing.

The music is great to create suspense.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Currently up to chapter 4 I think it is, loving it do far. It's just nice to play cod for a few hours and fall back into a good game that you can lie in bed playing. Almost like your playing a console game.

My cod ship has well and truly sailed. I might sink a couple of hours a week into blops but overall I'm sick of the damn franchise and military shooters in general. I love a good resi evil though. Only completed 2 chapters but really enjoying it. Very pleased with the visuals and the soundtrack is great.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Music revenue in U.S. sees vinyl sales overtake CD
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips TV to offer Mimi Sound Personalisation