1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 online in the UK...fancy some zombie bashing ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Media_Man, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From 26/08/05 Resident Evil fans in Europe finally get to play RE Outbreak File 2 online - on Sonys European servers. :thumbsup:

So I was wondering if there was any other RE fans on here that would fancy a bit of Survival Horror fun - as it looks like you play it in teams of 4 online.

As i'm sure you are aware there are a few too many 11 yr old dweebs online - so i was really looking to put a more 'mature' elite RE Clan together - though i'm not 100% sure how the online RE set-up will work yet obviously.

Anyone interested (or if you know anymore info) please let me now - prefeably a.s.a.p !!

Cheers for now - and looking forward to hearing from you. :hiya:

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,461
    Oooh, now this I could be very interested in :devil: , bugger, to think I just bought Resi4 aswell, too many Resi's, not enough time ;)
    Gonna give this baby some thought, could be the excuse to get my PS2 back online. Need to be thinking about a headset though first (wonder if they'll be doing any bundles with headset)
    Will let you know if I go for it :smashin:

3. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come and join in !! :hiya:

You don't need a headset for RE Outbreak - unfortunately it doesn't support one. However, you can chat using a USB (or built in software) keyboard in the online RE 'lobby'.

We could then arrange to meet up on a particular server and create our own game - along with 2 others who i'm currently recruiting. :thumbsup:

All you need is your network adapter, your internet (broadband) account and a copy of Outbreak File 2 - thats it !!
    There's no additional Fee either !!

PS: RE 4 TOTALLY ROCKS !! (Its very different from 'old school' RE though.)

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,461
    Had a looksee at this today in woolies, looks good :thumbsup:

5. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,461
    Just found it at Choices Direct for only £23.49 delivered http://www.choicesdirect.com/templates/product.asp?ProductGuid=822327
    Gonna put a post in the Special Offers section :thumbsup:

Have decided not to order, just been reading reviews and doesn't look good :( , biggest complaint is lack of comunication with fellow players (no voice or keyboard support in game) which of course makes the online play more than flawed. Really dissapointed TBH, was looking forward to this and can't beleive they can make such mistakes :confused:

6. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - i almost didn't buy it for the same reason. Fortunately i was told by some big RE fans that it doesn't matter at all about the voice chat and that the game was immense fun anyway - which i have just found out it is !!

Don't listen to lots of sad whining gamers who spend their time complaining that games aren't 'this' or are 'that'. I was online playing File 2 last night for the first time and it was soooo cool i just cant explain it.

For example - to have the other in-game characters (actually being played by other gamers) help me out when i was in trouble whilst working together as a team has to be experienced to be believed. It just feels so much more 'real' too - as you all pull together to try and make it out of Raccoon City.

It really makes playing the 'Offline' mode look hopelessly flawed not to metion dated.

It is absolutely essential to get a good online 'team' together though (you play with upto 3 others online). Hence this post.

Players in the US who have been playing Outbreak (1 and 2) for ages online mostly say that voice chat would be a nightmare - mainly because of all the idiots it would attract. In game text chat would have been nice but that would suffer the same problems too i think. Personally i think an extended choice of in-game commands (like in SOCOM) would be a good compromise. Maybe in File 3 !!

However, i just dont think any of this really matters - as if you are a big RE fan (like me) its a dream come true. :clap:

Plus at £23.49 is it really that much of a risk anyway ?? I paid £32 and can see me playing this for a very long time (as difficulty is quite high). Plus Capcom have created some Online only levels (one is called 'Survival' where players can shoot each other!!) - making this great value and an essential buy imho.

So what are you waiting for - give it a try - u wont be dissapointed. :smashin: