Resident Evil 7, RE2, RE3 for PS5

Tolq

Distinguished Member
Released today -

Excerpt:

Earlier this year, we announced that Resident Evil 7 (2017), Resident Evil 2 (2019), and Resident Evil 3 (2020) are making their way onto PlayStation 5, and that current owners of the PlayStation 4 versions of these games will be eligible for upgrades at no additional cost through the PS4 to digital PS5 upgrade option. I’m happy to announce that the PS5 versions of all three titles will be available at PlayStation Store today.

These upgrades include features such as ray traced visuals, 3D Audio and DualSense wireless controller support that will offer deeper levels of immersion, and we’re really excited for you to get your hands on them. In this blog, I’ll be reflecting on some of the things that made these games so special.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Not played a Resi game for a LONG time, but can someone briefly explain the chronology here? 7, 2, 3? Is that correct?

Tolq

Distinguished Member
Not played a Resi game for a LONG time, but can someone briefly explain the chronology here? 7, 2, 3? Is that correct?

Just in case you're not just pulling my leg (in which case, well done!), the chonology does follow the numbering. RE2 and RE3 were remade last gen, and they are now getting released for current gen. I presume the reason why RE 7 is mentioned before RE2 and RE3 above is that RE7 was released before the remakes - in other words, the order follows release date, not chronology.

Full chronology

Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (First Half)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Second Half)
Resident Evil Survivor
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Umbrella Corps
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Resident Evil Village (RE 8)

richp007

Distinguished Member
^^^ I can't even remember what I've played and haven't played out of those!! The first ones obviously, but after the fourth my memory gets a bit fuzzy.

I think I played Revelations 2 but not 1. And I definitely never played Umbrella Corps, I know that much.

Tolq

Distinguished Member
^^^ I can't even remember what I've played and haven't played out of those!! The first ones obviously, but after the fourth my memory gets a bit fuzzy.

I think I played Revelations 2 but not 1. And I definitely never played Umbrella Corps, I know that much.

I've actually played fewer than half of them. 1, 4, 5, 6 (2/3rds of it), 7 and REmake2. I always wanted to try out revelations - were they any good?

richp007

Distinguished Member
I've actually played fewer than half of them. 1, 4, 5, 6 (2/3rds of it), 7 and REmake2. I always wanted to try out revelations - were they any good?

The second one was okay, as I said don't recall playing the first one.

You never played the third one? I did enjoy it at the time, but it was frustrating on occasion with the Nemesis.

Tolq

Distinguished Member
The second one was okay, as I said don't recall playing the first one.

You never played the third one? I did enjoy it at the time, but it was frustrating on occasion with the Nemesis.

No, never played 3. I wasn't much of a horror fan in my younger gamer days. I was a pc gamer and was heavily into FPS, so there was only the likes of F.E.A.R. and Condemned 1/2 to hold my interest.

RE4 was actually the game that got me into console gaming - I borrowed it along with a GameCube from a neighbour, and then I was hooked on horror games.

MrTea34

Resi 7 was when they change it to first person and is a very good game and free on ps collection if anyone is interested

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I haven't played any. OK, maybe ten minutes of the original but I was faffing around with a friend, taking turns but that's it. 7 looks good, as do 4 and 8.

Tolq

Distinguished Member
I haven't played any. OK, maybe ten minutes of the original but I was faffing around with a friend, taking turns but that's it. 7 looks good, as do 4 and 8.
7 was pretty good, and I really enjoyed REmake2 - I would happily recommend both.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom