Resident Evil 5 heading for PS3-only in Japan?

Pebb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Source: CVG

Rumours that Capcom won't bother with Xbox 360 version in land of Rising Sun

Somewhat plausible rumours are circulating that, in Japan, Capcom's eagerly anticipated Resident Evil 5 will get a PlayStation 3-only release.

Which would make sense, given the spectacularly poor sales of the Xbox 360 in Japan -- despite the fact that Capcom has announced that it is working on both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the zombie-crunching game.

Whatever happens, we lucky European types should get both versions of the game.

If you're a flash Japanese-speaking git, you can check out ECGeo, the source of the rumours. Alas, it looks as though we'll have to wait ages for Ressie 5 which, after the sheer awesomeness of RE4, is set to be one of the most anticipated games ever.

Resident Evil is **** anyway, it is one of the worst games
:confused: Resident Evil is a fantastic series!

Never played it myself, but it doesn't sound like my type of game.

Rasczak said:
:confused: Resident Evil is a fantastic series!
The only new Zombie horror game, which can rival it, is Dead Rising.

The only new Zombie horror game, which can rival it, is Dead Rising
If that's so then you have pointed me towards the first Xbox 360 game worth playing :thumbsup: Downloading the Demo now!

But the full game does have a bad game save option, but I reckon Capcom will fix it. Even with the bad save game option, it does not over shadow how fun this game is.

It doesn't bother me that the Japanese aren't getting it as long as we get it here that's all that matters. That's what the Japanese get for their lack of interest in a great machine

They sound like a huge group of fan boys over there :D

Chaz Master said:
Resident Evil is **** anyway, it is one of the worst games.

Which one are you refering too, you make it sound as though there was only one?

Crazy comment anyway, lets face it. I mean fair enough, they aren't for everyone, but to say they're the worst with all the :censored: titles to choose from out there:rolleyes:

Resi 4 is one of the finest games ever made IMO, gaming perfection for its time.

Don't bite people, anyone who says that and of the Resident Evil games are "one of the worst games" is clearly just a wind up merchant.:rolleyes:

Chaz Master said:
Resident Evil is **** anyway, it is one of the worst games.

I have a couple of questions.

1,Do you own a 360?

If you do...

2,What is your most anticipated game and why?

The only new Zombie horror game, which can rival it, is Dead Rising.
Downloaded the (unbelievably short) demo and was impressed :thumbsup: When is it released?

Rasczak said:
Downloaded the (unbelievably short) demo and was impressed :thumbsup: When is it released?

September I believe. Can't wait!

resident evil 5 to be released on the 360 on 01/03/2007

i for one am wetting my pants waiting for this game :thumbsup:

resident evil 5 to be released on the 360 on 01/03/2007
Presumably the sametime as the PS3 (all things being equal the version I will go for). Someway in the future yet though - odds are it will change.

This is the game that will decide my alegiance in the gaming market...whichever machine gets the best version is the machine I buy.

This is the sole reason I havent bought a 360 yet I'm waiting for this game first...It better have been worth the wait & TBH I'm really hoping they revert back to the Zombie style of the earlier games rather than the mutant thingies of the 4th.

Roll on next year :D

Neil

Soundwave said:
I'm really hoping they revert back to the Zombie style of the earlier games rather than the mutant thingies of the 4th.
If it plays anywhere near as well as number 4 did I couldn't care less if we have zombies, mutants or ill tempered mutated sea bass.

bishman said:
ill tempered mutated sea bass.

Saw one of those down in China Town the other day, and they said it was fresh!!

bishman said:
If it plays anywhere near as well as number 4 did I couldn't care less if we have zombies, mutants or ill tempered mutated sea bass.

I agree really I guess.
I think 4 was a cracking game & is easily in my top 10 games of all time but I just find Res Evil without Zombies didnt feel quite right to me.

Probably just me but I'd prefer them to bring the Zombies back for number 5

Neil

bishman said:

I agree. I see this RE5 thread is going better than the 360 RE5 thread.

Y does this thread exist anyway, couldn't care less about whether or not RE5 will be released in Japan for the 360 to be honest, and I doubt many others care either, apart from MS.

What about Wii? Will there be a Wii version?

Kazman said:
Y does this thread exist anyway, couldn't care less about whether or not RE5 will be released in Japan for the 360 to be honest, and I doubt many others care either, apart from MS.

What about Wii? Will there be a Wii version?

How can you ask the first question here and then ask that second question. You think the OP shouldn't mention that it's a PS3 exclusive and not on the 360 in Japan but a question about it being on the Wii is OK.:suicide:

T800 said:
How can you ask the first question here and then ask that second question. You think the OP shouldn't mention that it's a PS3 exclusive and not on the 360 in Japan but a question about it being on the Wii is OK.:suicide:

I see Sarcasm doesn't exist in your world :)

Kazman said:
I see Sarcasm doesn't exist in your world :)

What's sarcasm ?:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom