Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Resident evil 5 announced for xbox 360 and ps3

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by captaineyecatch, Jul 20, 2005.

1. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Stone the crows! :eek: It looks bloody fantastic!

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Your not wrong there mate, looks ace. :eek:

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    All we need now is RE4 on the Xbox :)

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Crikey!! and I thought that RE4 looked pretty good on the GC!

They look amazing :eek: :eek: . If they are in game shots then i'm totally gobsmaked!! If it's PS3 and 360 then I doubt that we'll see this before 2007 though.

To be honest I don't think that an X-Box version would be much better than the GC version so may as well just stick with that one TBH.

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    was a fan of the resi evil games from the start on ps1. never really followed them into next gen think the last i played was on my dreamcast. basically they were never scary and a game like this is crying out for the next gen. 720p/1080i & :dd: 5.1 will make the game alot better. plus the great thing with the world they can now create will make you feel like your right there in the action.

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It looks like grainy FMV. Some of these next gen games look amazing they really are getting to FMV levels of visuals.

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    Looks superb - shame about a lack of a Revoution release. :(

9. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I doubt many third party publishers will be supporting the Revolution following the poor performance of the Gamecube. Also Nintendo dont seem to want to match the specs of the other two consoles making cross format games between the Revolution and PS3 / Xbox 360 much less likely.

Nintendos consoles have never really had strong third party support, I can see even the loyal studios like Capcom ditching them now.

10. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    thats only to true really, but they know their market and it will sell bucket loads in asia so maybe it isnt feasable to have alot of major 3rd party dev's. hearing more details about Resi evil 5 is ISNT set is a dark dirty city but in daylight in the desert :confused: dont sound like a resi evil game to me

from below : Instead of the creepy dark atmosphere of previous installments, RE5 takes place in a hot and sandy desert city under a pounding sun

sounds interesting

11. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    here is a transcript from gamespot:

Resident Evil 5 coming to 360, PS3
    Capcom's flagship horror survival series will infect both Microsoft and Sony's next-generation consoles.

Since January, GameCube owners have been the only American gamers able to enjoy Resident Evil 4. But while the best-selling, critically lionized title will arrive on US PlayStation 2s in the fall, it looked like Xbox owners would never be able to help Leon S. Kennedy slay the series' signature undead hordes.

However, today Capcom announced that Resident Evil 5 is coming to Microsoft's next-generation console, the Xbox 360, as well as Sony's PlayStation 3. The announcement came in the form of a press release on the English-language section of the Investor Relations part of Capcom's Japanese corporate Web site.

The news came as only a small surprise, as Capcom executives had declared their admiration for both Sony's and Microsoft's next-gen consoles when they were unveiled in mid-May. "Utilizing the PlayStation 3['s] and Xbox 360['s] unprecedented power, Resident Evil 5 promises to revolutionize the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism, and control," read the release.

The announcement of an Xbox 360 Resident Evil 5 does mark an increasing change of heart for Capcom. Traditionally, the company has given Microsoft's current-generation console, the Xbox, only tepid support in the form of rereleases of older titles such as Genma Onimusha. However, that changed during this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, with the unveiling of Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance and Final Fight: Streetwise, two top holiday titles that will ship on the Xbox and PlayStation 2 simultaneously.

Capcom's brief announcement did not mention a ship date for Resident Evil 5 for the Xbox 360, which is due in Q4 2005, or the PlayStation, which currently has a "spring 2006" launch window. American Capcom reps told GameSpot that they "do not have any further details at this time" on the announced versions or a potential version for Nintendo's Revolution, which was not mentioned in the release.

However, Nintendo fans shouldn't give up hope entirely. Resident Evil 4 spent nearly four years in development, meaning that Resident Evil 5 likely won't arrive before the Revolution's expected late 2006 launch. Given that the Revolution development kits went out in March, a version of the game could still be in development for the mystery-shrouded console.

While Capcom's release had little information on Resident Evil 5, the latest issue of Famitsu revealed many details about the game. It features an interview with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, best known as the producer of Genma Onimusha and Onimusha 3. He also worked on Resident Evil 1 and 2, handling character animation and directing the creation of gun models.

Images of Resident Evil 5 featured in the magazine shows that the series' setting has dramatically changed. Instead of the creepy dark atmosphere of previous installments, RE5 takes place in a hot and sandy desert city under a pounding sun. There are also scenes of unlit areas such as alleyways and buildings that sport the same shadowy atmosphere as previous installments.

The Famitsu images show an unshaven man in a short-sleeved shirt who appears to be the main character in Resident Evil 5. Armed with a handgun and knife belted to his shoulder, he is outnumbered and being chased by a mysterious group of enemies shown in silhouette.

Takeuchi commented that RE5's setting was inspired by the 2001 war movie Black Hawk Down, in which a crowd of angry Somalis swarm over an American helicopter after it crash-lands. Technically, the surviving soldiers have a lot of room to run inside the city, but they are quickly cornered by the massive crowd that comes after them. Takeuchi says that he hopes to achieve a similar kind of experience and "madness" in RE5.

When asked about the unshaven man, Takeuchi said that the core developers for RE5 include staff members that worked on RE1, hinting that it might possibly be Chris Redfield from the original Resident Evil. Takeuchi also revealed that RE5 will be an authentic sequel to the series' main storyline rather than a side story. He added that if the main character is indeed Chris, the developers might be preparing to create some kind of a conclusion to the series' long storyline.

In terms of the mysterious enemies, Takeuchi commented that they are displayed in shadows because they will feature new elements that can't be disclosed yet. However, he hinted that the talking enemies in Resident Evil 4 were something he hopes to expand on in RE5.

As expected, Resident Evil 5 will take advantage of the PS3's and Xbox 360's high-definition graphics. Takeuchi said that one of the main goals of RE5's development was to use said graphics to deliver a tangible "atmosphere" to the game, to the point where the player can almost feel the hot air of the desert.

When asked about how RE5 will actually play, Takeuchi said that he hopes to bring back RE4's gameplay in RE5. He commented that Resident Evil 4 caused a lot of excitement at Capcom, since director Shinji Mikami had successfully made major changes while still keeping the essence of the series intact.

When Takeuchi was asked about the game's release, he avoided giving a straight answer, only stating jokingly that it will come out "before the launch of PlayStation 4." Later, Takeuchi explained that projects for next-generation consoles will easily spend three to five years in development and that work on RE5 is expected to take a bit of time, since it's currently Capcom's main focus.

Capcom may exhibit a one- to two-minute high-definition trailer of Resident Evil 5 at the Tokyo Game Show, which is where the images of the game in Famitsu were taken from.

12. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    Attack of the killer palm trees! :D

13. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I would but the entire lack of a GameCube kinda makes me fall on that point :)

I know they're cheap but I'd rather not buy it for one game, even though Zelda is coming out. I'll probably just get them if I get a Revolution.

14. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    You missed out on RE4 then :devil:

They re-designed the game, its completly different - much more of an adrenaline rush and with the right cable you can play in progressive scan at least ;)

Fancy graphics and sound don't make a great game on their own, although RE5 on 360 hopefully will be a fusion of great game, great gfx and great sound :clap:

15. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't buy a gamecube?

I got mine over a year ago now, new, from game for £40.

Mario Kart, Pikmin, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Res Evil 4 and many other exclusives are well worth it.

sh*ts all over the PS2 from a great height :D

16. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Aint that the truth. I agree at that price well worth getting. Can also pick up the games and accessories now for pennies secondhand.

The only reason I havent bought one (And I was really tempted by Res 4) is that I dont have time to play it. I still have loads of stuff to go through on the Xbox and with the 360 launched at the end of my year thats where most of my spare gamming time will be going.

17. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
  18. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I had a GC a while back (when Rogue Leader came out), but lack of games made me sell it.

Xbox is where it's at for me. Don't use the PS2 that much

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    The gamecube is OK but I must say that it doesn't get that much play now. It is much better than the PS2 though and is definately a console worth owning if only for RE4, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime and the Zelda games. SWMBO tends to use it the most though with all the cutsey games like Zelda, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing providing hours of fun for her.

20. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    Looking scrumptious! :)

21. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    Looks to me like nintendo are droping the ball here.
    Anyways, the new game does look good, Im sure it will. But ive also been playing this game since the first one and I have to be honest in saying that its getting a bit boring now.

I havent played 4 yet and im wondering if its all that different from the other games.

If 5 is then ill give it a shot, but to be honest, nice graphics dont do it for me anymore. If those graphics arent accompanied by good game play then i almost always give the game a miss.

22. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I wouldnt worry about it not bein announced for the Revo yet as no games have been announced apart from one game I cant remember, we'll all have a 360 anyway I'd have thought so its not a problem really is it?

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    RE4 is a great game and is considerably different to the others. It is one game that is so good that really everyone should play it - worth buying a GC for IMO :smashin: .

24. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I am sure I will get one eventually for Res Evil 4. I am toying with the idea of getting one for the bedroom with a Wavebird Wireless pad so I can play stuff like Mario Kart when I am in bed (With my wireless headphones of course)

Because the Gamecube is so small I could easily hide it behind the LCD screen I have on top of a chest of draws.

I been waiting for the right bundle to come up for around £50 with a wireless pad and a game I actually want.

25. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    I have the GC but still haven't picked this up as I'm still only at the beginning of the original RE and still have RE: Zero in its plastic wrapping! :blush:

26. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    I think I will have to give resi 4 a blast! I have to admit that I hardly touch my cube and its a crying shame coz it does have a few really good games on it.

As for revo, well even though it isnt even out yet it appears to be loosing ground to sony and MS!
    I know its ridiculous to be saying this especially since we dont know squat about the revolution, but the way stuff keeps being announced for 360 and PS3 makes me feel like ninty are being left behind by 3rd party developers!

27. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    I know what you mean and to be honest i've pretty much discounted the Revo from the race. I'm sure it will launch but at the moment it doesn't even feel that Nintendo are in the process of launching a new console. All they have shown us is something akin to a PC DVD drive stood on it's side on a plastic stand!

28. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    But what they have shown does, arguably, look better than the PS3 and X360! :)

29. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,369
    Arguably being the word there. Personally i'm not a fan and much prefer the look of the 360. :smashin:

30. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    They havent shown anything. Thats the point really.