• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Resident Evil 4: Limited Edition - £17.99

RHCP

Buy it, its probably the best game on the ps2! :)

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Cant wait for it to arrive now i've gone for it, not normally my cup of tea but im trying to change my gaming tastes.

semiskimmed

Distinguished Member
decent price but OT, how stupid are play? theyve got the bog standard edition below for more money :rotfl:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
They had this a while back and then sold out and then had it again (when I ordered) and then sold out again. I'd buy this quick, it won't be long before it sells out again!

psikey

Distinguished Member
I sold my "standard" copy a few weeks back for £19 as I needed money but of all the games I have ever played this is one I wish I'd kept.

Thanks to this thread I now have the Ltd. Edition on its way for less :clap:

Hope this plays on PS3 when it comes out as I can imagine playing this again quite a few times :smashin:

Steve T said:
Mine shipped yesterday, so hopefully will be dropping through my letterbox shortly - can't wait!
You really will love this game no matter what you usually like. I must admit I'm a Resident Evil fan but I played nothing else until I finished this. Like a good book you just can't put down. I have an XBOX 360 now but this is still easily one of the best looking games.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
This is still in its wrapping - I plan to play God of War and SotC first. However, thoroughly looking forward ot this one - the only RE game I've completed to the end was Code Veronica and thought that was fabulous!

C

Cyber_Shinobi

Thanks for posting that. Been after a copy of the Limited Edition myself so ordered one pronto when i saw this post and recieved it on Saturday :) I thought they'd sold out and never expected them to get them back in stock.

Ordered Castlevania - Lament Of Innocence from there for £9.99 too while i was at it, a very good price. Seems to be temporarily out of stock again at the moment though(but not listed as Sold Out).

Steve T

Okay, it turned up today while I was at work, and guess what I've just spent the last three hours playing? :clap:

It's all very atmospheric so far and very playable - I take it the game gets scarier? (I'm still messing around in the village with some slightly dodgy foreign villagers to practice my shotgun on....)

psikey

Distinguished Member
"I take it the game gets scarier? "

Depends on you. I was brought up on horror films so not much scares me :thumbsup: (especially all the zombie movies!). It has its moments and gets "tense" when you star to run low on amo :rolleyes:

KILLER NADS

I bought my one on launch but i allready had the GC one on USA launch which i had completed in 1 week itself!

I usually dont like playing through the whole games but this one was an exeption, i just couldnt get out of it man so played through it constantly for 20hours to complete the GC one!! and also unlocked everything!

I only bought the PS2 version because of PS3 and i knew i would be playing it again in the future!
The only thing is that when i play the PS2 one now i dont like it as much as i did the GC one!! :(
I hope i can get back into this though as its easily the best game ever made!!
Also i really want to complete it and play through with ADA WONG!

KILLER NADS

Steve T said:
It's all very atmospheric so far and very playable - I take it the game gets scarier? (I'm still messing around in the village with some slightly dodgy foreign villagers to practice my shotgun on....)

The truth is that the game is not really scary as in it will make u jump! It is more of the enviroment scary type of game!

In earlier Resis they scared you with monsters and zombies jumping out of hidden camera angles! They dont do those cheap scares in this game, instead they focus on scaring you with putting you actully in the game and having full control of the character!

But hell yeh there are some really scary moments in the game in the later levels! Especially with the hard to kill monsters after the second level!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
KILLER NADS said:
The truth is that the game is not really scary as in it will make u jump! It is more of the enviroment scary type of game!

Does that mean, it's more atmosphere like the Silent Hill series of games are? i found the Silent Hill atmosphere more memorable than the cheap scares in RE.

KILLER NADS

Tejstar said:
Does that mean, it's more atmosphere like the Silent Hill series of games are? i found the Silent Hill atmosphere more memorable than the cheap scares in RE.

Yeh as in the atmosphere and enemies chasing you!
But its know where twisted as SH was! The twisted stuff in SH was really the only thing that bought the game alive and made it scary.

I dont agree with you though on SH being more scarier then RE! Its nowhere near memorable enough to me as RE has been and is!

I mean more people will remember the orignal RE game when the dogs jumped through the window and when the hunters chased you!! Those seens are unforgetable! No scene or atmosphere is as memorable as that!

:thumbsup:

C

Cyber_Shinobi

I have the Gamecube version too. Got it from Game for 99p on launch :D

Being a bit of a Resi nut i had to get the PS2 version too for the extras, but still haven't checked it out yet so haven't had time to compare it to the Cube version. I know the graphics have been downgraded a bit such as lighting effects and textures, but from what little i've seen of it all in all they've done a very good conversion, better than i think most were expecting anyway.

Silent Hill, Project Zero and Forbidden Siren are all great scary games atmosphere wise. Resi has always been more of a "shock" scary, but i think the Cube incarnations have more of an atmosphere than the PSone games did.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
KILLER NADS said:
But its know where twisted as SH was! The twisted stuff in SH was really the only thing that bought the game alive and made it scary.

Twisted is a great word to describe the SH series. Some of the stuff in them was quite disturbing. The classic would be seeing these legs-for a head zombies charging randomly when you spot it using a flashlight. Great stuff!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom