Resident Evil 4 - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Resident Evil 4? (vote only after playing)

• Total voters
I wonder if it will be proper widescreen this time? because if it is I might be tempted to pick it up.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/wii_bio4/operation/index.html

Looks like they're putting the wiimote to good use from the screenshots above. I'd like to think they improve the already fantastic visuals aswell to take advantage of it being on the Wii, would give me more reason to make the purchase again as I still have my Gamecube version here.

I was considerin going back and playing the GC version recently. Will hold off for this instead.

Looks like they're putting a sensible retail price on this one, just preordered the US version from playasia for $35.00(around £17.95). I don't mind buying it again at that price as it looks pretty interesting with the remote sensing control for aiming etc. Also I didn't ever play the PS2 version and apparently the Wii version will include the PS2 extra content.

Guessing the recommended retail price for the UK will likely be either £19.99 or £24.99. Fantastic price for those that didn't get around to playing it on the Gamecube as you'd probably pay that or more for the Gamecube PAL version today.

Please don't rip us off again, keep it cheap.

I never played Resi 4 and was gonna buy a GC mem card and a wavebird just to play it, glad i didn't now.

I Had a spare hour last night so decided to play GC RE4 as much as I could before dying. Mr.Chainsaw soon put an end to my merry adventure..... I must be out of practice. It's a truly awesome game that I must've played through at least 10 times. I'd be prepared to buy it again if they re-did the visuals to run in 480p widescreen, failing that the new controls and extra bits might be enough to tempt me!

RE4 Wii Trailer is up and running.

Here be Bad Acting!

Pssssst! Don't have the language packs installed? Just click on the link in the 'What's new' section.

Bad acting indeed but it does look like it will run in proper widescreen this time so will definitely be upgrading.

Bad acting indeed but it does look like it will run in proper widescreen this time so will definitely be upgrading.

Yeah, from what I can gather after having read various dev interviews and looking round other boards etc. This version will have true Widescreen, use Gamecube assets (Graphics, FX etc.), DPLII, include PS2 versions extra's and run in 480p. And of course make use of Wmote aiming and suchlike. With the 'hopefully' budget price, this will be a must buy for myself even though I already own the gamecube version (Luckily I only got around to playing about 10 minutes of the game).

S'lookin good.

I never got around to playing it on the GC and this way i won't have to buy a pad and a memory card to enjoy it on the Wii.:thumbsup:

Can't wait for this, i'm about 3/4 the way through the GC version, but will wait now for the Wii version. The guys on the 1up Show had plenty of good things to say about it and as far as they are concerned it is the 'definitive' version to get.

just finished the PS2 version, outstanding game. Gone back to my GC for Res Evil but Res4 on Wii will be the definitive version imo purely because I'll now have a proper control method. Shooting people, especially trying to get quick headshots with the analogue stick was a major pita.

This and Manhunt 2 is tempting me towards a Wii

I heard on a podcast that it was going to be $30 in the USA. Hopefully thats true and that will convert to a £20 price tag over here. I was debating whether to get this game, I played through the GC version and loved but I don't double dip. I saw the video of the gameplay and it looked brilliant with the wiimote and the write ups were also very positive. But all this wasn’t quite enough to get me to buy it again. But at £20 I cant resist, that’s just too much of a bargain. Also I think that at the low price point it will sell a huge numbr of copies, it could be one of the best selling games of the year.

To put that £20 in some sort of context, I paid £25 for a second hand GC copy last week. It regularily goes for above £20 on ebay. So £20 for a Wii version would be great.

I think the $30 price came from the very first listing of it on an american retailers website (The listing that revealed that this was in the works).

£34.99!!! Are they having a laugh. From reports it said 30 Dollars. Not good.

Think GAME are probably speculating over price, I suspect they'll drop it once the other retailers start listing it at a lower price.

If £34.99 is the official UK price though that would be a poor conversion, I have the US version on preorder from playasia at $34.99.

Think GAME are probably speculating over price, I suspect they'll drop it once the other retailers start listing it at a lower price.

If £34.99 is the official UK price though that would be a poor conversion, I have the US version on preorder from playasia at $34.99.

It works out at about £1 less then VG+ when you include shipping. I'd be more inclined to go with VG+ as they tend to be more reliable even for £1 more. I'll probably get it from there.

It works out at about £1 less then VG+ when you include shipping. I'd be more inclined to go with VG+ as they tend to be more reliable even for £1 more. I'll probably get it from there.

I think VG+ have recently lowered their price, I'm sure it was higher than that when they first added it. Yeah I might switch across as I haven't used them in a while but have always loved their service.

I think VG+ have recently lowered their price, I'm sure it was higher than that when they first added it. Yeah I might switch across as I haven't used them in a while but have always loved their service.

It now works out at about £21 including delivery from VG+

I never played Resi 4 and was gonna buy a GC mem card and a wavebird just to play it, glad i didn't now.

Me too, I am going to hold out for the Wii version

Just saw at Gamespot they have had a hand on test, and are giving it full praise.

Here's their closing thoughts

"There's not much else to say about the Wii edition of RE4, other than: If you never played RE4, and you have a Wii, you should get this game. (And if you never played RE4 and don't have a Wii, maybe you should get a Wii to play this game; it really does look like the best version.) Unlike on the GameCube, RE4 on the Wii will run in true 16x9 with progressive scan, though the graphical assets are taken straight out of that previous version. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is slated to hit shelves at a modest $30 price point, which seems like a fair price to us for what's potential the defining version of a true masterpiece".

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/residentevil4/news.html?sid=6169094&mode=previews

PAL Box Artwork.

box_pal.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom