1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil 4 demo with......

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Rob20, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    'weekly Famitsu Capcom special edeition' magazine out on the 24th of Sept. It comes with a GC disc featuring a playable section of RE4 plus other titles from Capcom. There's also a dvd featuring the latest games. Not cheap at $26 including worldwide del. Though Liksang may also sell it, and possibly a bit cheaper!? Can't find any info on the Capcom special issue, but they do sell the currrent weekly famitsu for £5, prob plus p+p.

here's a link to get yourself a copy: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-80-15-famitsu+weekly-70-bdc.html

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Just ordered a copy, out on the 24th. Pre-ordered it from www.Liksang.com in the end as I've used them a few times before. £16's a bit dear just to play a demo of RE4. Still, you get a mag with 200+ pages. You can't read it unless you understand Japanese, but you can always look at the pictures. Plus there's a dvd mag also. Will post impressions when it arrives. :D

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    Might get this but then I would have to buy Action Replay or Freeloader again to play the demo, got rid of my AR a few months back when I realised I hadent played on my Gamecube for about 5 months lol

The question is though, will it work with Freeloader as the title that caused major problems with Freeloader when it was first released was Resident Evil Zero

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    That's an interesting point. I hadn't considered/remembered that. Hopefully that was with the 1st version of FL, and this will work. I've also barely used my GC this year. Last gaem I bought was Metal Gear. Though I can't say I've played it for more than an hour or so. Have quite a few games like that. Only games I'll be getting will be RE4 obviously, and Metroid Prime 2. Perhaps Pikmin 2 2nd hand. New Zelda title in 2005.

5. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    If anyone's interested, Liksang are now shipping this mag with the Biohazard 4 demo, (Resident Evil 4), plus dvd with trailers, and I'm now just waiting for it to turn up. Have ordered it from Liksang Europe so that it won't be liable for import tax. Though it's probably below the maximum importing allowance anyhow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I also ordered from them , delivery also been sent out :clap:
    So should rec soon :smashin: , carn't wait Resi 4
    Been reading other forums and it's been advised the demo with this mag is 60 mins long :D , and the total gameplay is about 20 hours
    Also advised the game's release date for europe is April 2005 :mad: , looks like a NTSC pay ;)

:beer:

7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Dec in Japan, 11th Jan in USA. Whcih site did you hear the demo was 60 mins? is that how long it takes to complete the demo? or something else?

8. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hopefully freeloader will work with rE4..

9. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    From www.play-asia.com

Awaited by all Capcom and especially Biohazard 4 (known as Resident Evil 4 outside of Japan) fans, the very first batch of Enterbrain's Weekly Famitsu Capcom Special Issue No. 10/29 has reached us this early afternoon. We will start to prepare shipping around 1/3 of all preorders today, while all remaining preorders as well as possibly new orders are scheduled for shipping tomorrow when our second larger batch of the magazine has arrived.

The Famitsu Capcom Special issue contains roughly 100 pages of 100% Capcom coverage, including lots of recently released as well as a number of upcoming titles. Most users would preferably skip the first 98 pages and head over to page 99, which contains the more precious part of the magazine: A playable demo of Biohazard 4 as well as a Capcom special DVD.

The demo lets you play as Leon, the main character of Capcom's upcoming Winter hit. No long waiting time here and you will find yourself put straight into action where you will encounter numerous mixtures of human and zombie like beings. We did not complete the entire demo but expect the fun to last for at least 30 to 60 minutes, probably similar to the previously available Biohazard 0 Trial Edition.

For the sake of all import gamers, we have tested the game using a Freeloader on a PAL as well as US Gamecube™ console and it was running smoothly without problems.

Continuing with the second extra, which is a Capcom special DVD. The region 2 encoded DVD contains video footage of upcoming game previews (such as biohazard4, Devil May Cry 3, Monster Hunter G, Shadow of Rome, Dement, killer7, Capcom Fighting Jam, Rockman X8 and a few more) as well as a number of recently published titles (including Biohazard Outbreak File 2, Run Like Hell, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, Rockman Exe 4.5 and several more). Also included on the DVD is a secret movie about which we won't blab too much now...

If you haven't submitted your preorder yet, make sure to place your order soon. We expect to have around 80% of our coming supply presold by today and won't be surprised if it will be sold out in Japan within a matter of days. The Weekly Famitsu Capcom Special Issue No. 10/29 is on sale at US$ 19.90 plus shipping.

10. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    Anyone recieved this yet?

11. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    No Still to rec :mad: . Mine was posted on the 23/9
    First time used them , don't know how long deliverys take

RESI 4 Demo :lease: :beer: :lease:

Should hopefully rec by the end of the week :smashin: , so lots of Demo Playing this weekend

:devil:

12. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Anyone rec'd there mag & disc yet :(
    Me still waiting for Resi 4 Demo & mag

:lease: should have rec'd by now :thumbsdow

:beer:

13. berserkgoose

berserkgoose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I've got mine. First thing that hit me is how much it retains the feel of the older games, the controls I mean. I didn't really expect this. But it is absolutely brilliant. 60 mins? Does that include lunch, having a sh*t, shower and shave? In gameplay terms I would say 15 mins. I suppose you could spend 60 mins stood about admiring the graphics. The environments are without doubt the best I've seen in any game, period. The detail/textures are incredible. Can't wait for he final version.

14. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I got mine sometime last week. Took 7 days to arrive from Liksang's ship date. The demo isn't the same legnth as the RE0 demo due to the fact that there aren't any puzzles to solve, or keys to find etc.. it's just to give you a feel of how RE plays in 3D adn roam about. Essentially you can only access a path that leads to the 1st village. Then you can enter most of the bulidings there. Having quite high expectations for this game I haven't been dissapointed. The graphics and sound are great, and obviously the control method is simpler now the game's in 3d. No camara angles suddenly changing to dis-orientate.

New to RE4:

- In 3D, (obviously).

- 360 deg aiming.

- Aim for 3 body zones - legs, chest and head. Head shots for the ultimate kill, leg shots to slow multiple enemies.

- multiple enemies. 7 or 8 at a time it would seem. Poss more!?

- Ability to enter/exit buildings via window via use of context sensitive 'A' button. Also other things like jumping over obstacles, logs, fences etc.. Can use A button to kick when close to enemies. You can also shoot in windows, then climb in.

- Seemingly better AI. Village people don't just attack in a straight line towards you, but will come around, or will side step, duck swerve etc.

- Charecter animation is better it woukld seem. Villagers move realistically, and go about there business till they spot you.

- Going through a door doesn't mean you're safe. They can smash the door in and follow you through. You can stick a chest of drwers in front to slow them down, but not for long. You can also kick doors into enemies to knock then down, shoot through the door etc..

- There also isn't a cut scene for doors anymore, (Apart from when you enter a new area).

- Larger inventory. It seems in the Jap version that the amount you can hold depends on the items themselves. You can hold 30 blocks roughly, with herbs taking 2, gun 4 etc...

- cut scenes blend in far better than ever before. Infact graphically you can't tell them apart. Whereas in RE1 + Zero, the cut scenes looked far better than the game.

- Enemies will put up ladders and climb in upstairs windows. However, you can knock these over. Though the ladder will go up again. You can still climb up/down ladders, but you can also jump out of 1st floor windows, drop off roof etc..

This is all I can think of at the moment.

15. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ^^ holy crap i cant wait for this game!!

16. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Rob20 when was your demo posted :( ,
    mine was sent 23/9 from Liksang's but still to rec :thumbsdow

Shame it's only 15 mins long , roll on next year the full 20 hour's of Resi 4 :clap:

So how many of us will be getting the NTSC copy then :D

:devil: , I want my Demo

17. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    :smashin: :zonked: :smashin:

I have just been handed a box from my Dock Runner . it was the Resi Demo
    :D 15 mins of Fun tonight :) , and it's not with the misses

:smoke: :beer: :beer:

18. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Mine was posted on the 23rd, same as yours. Arrived on the 30th Sept. Though I ordered mine from Liksang europe. Perhaps there's been a hold up with Liksang HK's shipment!? (if that's where you ordered it from). Have used liksang some 5/6 times, and it's never taken longer than 10 days. Hopefully it will turn up soon. :)

I'm really tempted to get the Jap version. It's certainly playable. Do like the Jap boxes also. Still, I've got Pikmin 2 coming in a day or so. That'll keep me till MP2 in Nov. Perhaps it'd be better to get the USA RE4 to give me time to finish Pikmin 2/MP2. :laugh:

19. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It's the best Resi game todate :smashin:
    Paying the demo last night , it's longer than 15 mins if you look everywhere
    how cool is the gameplay & controls
    Show me the Bullets , how many do you need :D

Talk about Wrong Trun the film , eight of more Rednecks coming at you with pitch folks / axes . what about the guy with the chainsaw :rolleyes: :devil: :beer:

My first buy of next year is Resi 4 Usa version , can not wait

:thumbsup:

20. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Yeah the guy with the chainsaw is awesome. As is the way he revs it as he comes for you. 10,000 pts if you kill him also. Have you got anywhere near the 30,000 pts you need for the bonus? apparantly it's a machine gun. Most I've got is 16k ish...

First purchase in 2005 RE4 USA no question. :)

21. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah the guy with the chainsaw is a Madman :smashin: , looks like Jason from the Friday 13th films :D

Got no way near 30,000 pts , about the same as you

Same hear first buy of 2005 :devil:

:clap:

22. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    Sounds awesome, glad I got my pre-order in :)

23. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It's Awesome :devil:

Where's the best & cheapest place to Pre-Order Usa version

:smashin:

24. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i preordered mine from lik-sang with free worldwide delivery. not sure if they still offer that or not..

25. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I've seen in on www.dvdboxoffice.com for £27 with free del. I hadn't used dvdbox for a long time because dvdsoon had always been cheaper. However, dvdsoon's prices seemed to have creeped up so I had a look on DVB. Comparing GC prices, dvdbox is the one charging £25-27, whereas dvdsoon charges £30+. It used to be the other way round. :)

Also cheap from dvdbox:

£25 Pikmin 2 (out now).
    £25 Metroid Prime 2 (14th Nov).

26. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thanks guys :smashin:

What about the customs man :thumbsdow , don't wish to pay any Vat / Duty if poss , how good are BoxOffice
    I have also noticed Soon's prices have gone up

:D

27. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    I think I have bought about 50 games/DVDs from DVDBO and never been hit by customs.

28. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    The chance of getting caught is slim. Though it does happen every now and again. The bigger or more valuable the package being shipped, the greater the chance of getting caught it would seem. A small package with one game seems to get through unoticed. I've been extremely lucky so far, in that I've ordered 75+ times from HK/Australia/Can/USA and have never been charged. I think you can import up to £18 in value till customs are interested. Though this is only heresay online. :)

When is the Jap version out by the way? I know the US version's out 11th Jan '05.

29. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,182
    You can import anything under the value of £18 without having to worry about customs but as soon as it goes over £18 then you are at risk of getting hit with customs and post office fees.
    Some companies mark packages as Gifts which raises the customs limit to abit over £30 but I think HMCE are cracking down on this but there are still places that do it.

30. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Dvdsoon used to mark all dvd's/games etc. down as $11 Can, or about £5. Though this stopped a while ago and they now put the full value down. :laugh: