Resident Evil 2 Remake - 2019

theprestige

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So is like nobody talking about the official announcement of the Resi 2 remake??? I'll be honest, I had more or less given up on it ever coming out and the likes of The Last Of Us and Evil Within 2 have filled my survival horror appetite, but bloody hell this does look really good!

For those of us who grew up gaming in the 90s, Resident Evil 2 was a landmark game, and a remake of it is at least 10 years overdue imo.

My only issue with this new game is that they seemed to have done away with the fixed angle aspect that gave the original game it's unsettling energy. This is a big deal, however...it does look like it'll be an interesting reinterpretation of that the game regardless.

resident-evil-2-remake-screenshots-e3-2018-14.jpg

I still prefer 1 over 2, but it is about time we got 2 redone.

I plan to pick up a VR to play the new Resi Evil game when I get a PS4. I've heard it's a great experience.

I still prefer 1 over 2, but it is about time we got 2 redone.

I plan to pick up a VR to play the new Resi Evil game when I get a PS4. I've heard it's a great experience.

That won't work for me. It's not Resident Evil if it's 1st person.

I'm so looking forward to this! I was pretty gutted as I went to order the Collectors edition a few weeks ago but saw it was sold out at GAME. I've been checking a few times a day and it came back into stock today briefly so I pre ordered but it's now sold out again.

I was in the same mindset about Resi 7 and the 1st person view but the game honestly blew me away,it felt more like a Resident Evil game than 5 or 6 and I really enjoyed those games,it was very well done and an amazing experience!!

Last edited:
I watched a lets play of Resi 7 and while a very good game, it took the series in a different angle, I miss the good old simple zombies, it went a bit crazy at the end. The original trilogy from my childhood memory of watching my cousin play it behind a pillow (I recently played the original on PS4 and had a blast) had good enough progression between slow walker zombies and the mutations developed by umbrella corp made sense.

Seriously can't wait.. I played through RE7 over the weekend to get me back in the mood and it's the most fun gaming I've had in months. I know 7 took a slightly different direction but they absolutely nailed the atmosphere and suspense, I was literally on the edge of my seat.

It's made me want to go out and get VR so I can play it again, but first, I'll be spending the weekend on RE2 and then I'm going to try RE0 which I've never actually played.

3 days to go!!!

Survival horrors my fav genre played them all when growing up in late 90s and early 2000s. My all time fav was part 3 nemesis and resi 4.

I agree i do like 3rd person but i think the original Resi was first person

I was already looking forward to this game, but all the positive reviews mean I am now eagerly counting down until I can get it on Friday. One of my all time favourite games and the original PSone era games are all great, hopefully Resi 3 is next in line.

The demo induced one hell of a turtle head. I was expecting this remake to be average at best, but that demo made it clear that the game is extremely well made...

I won't buy it because I don't see the appeal in spending forty quid for a twenty hour panic attack. Still, credit where credit's due...

IGN have revised their score as they completely missed half of the game essentially

My copy turned up this morning from The Game Collection but I was literally leaving for work, oh well on the plus side it will be dark when I get home and start it.

IGN have revised their score as they completely missed half of the game essentially

My copy turned up this morning from The Game Collection but I was literally leaving for work, oh well on the plus side it will be dark when I get home and start it.

What score did they originally give it? How do you miss half the game?haha Just not play the second scenario?

What score did they originally give it? How do you miss half the game?haha Just not play the second scenario?

8.8 originally and raised it to 9.0 with this explanation

[Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.]

im about 6 hours in with leon. not really finding it scary but gameplay is fun.

imo it would of been better if there was more cutscenes introducing monsters/important events like the original. - the one boss fight i did was a bit meh.

graphics are amazing but at the moment, purely going by gameplay, i would only give this game around 7/10 (i would of much preferred a gamecube style remake with fixed camera etc.. but thats just me)

8.8 originally and raised it to 9.0 with this explanation

[Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.]

I don't understand this, what is this 2nd game mode?

I know at the beginning of the game you get a choice to play as Leon or Claire but is there something else you unlock after completion?

I know at the beginning of the game you get a choice to play as Leon or Claire but is there something else you unlock after completion?

I've not played it yet but from what I've seen, you get a second playthrough menu item which is another scenario... that's as much as I know about it.

yes i think its like the original. there is a scenario A and B. you can either start with leon or claire but you need to use your cleared game save to access scenario B ( second part of the story) - otherwise your just replay scenario A.. thats what i think the ign reviewer did.

I do like when you get a competent journalist, giving a precise, thorough and in-depth review :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom