1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting bulb hours on Panny AE100 - how?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by SanPedro, May 26, 2005.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +505
    I've just replaced the bulb on my AE100 after 4500 hours use :thumbsup: . What i want to know now is how to stop the 'change bulb' lamp from coming on. I've gone into the service menu and over ridden the auto shut down to stop the machine shutting down after 10 minutes.

Cheers

Chris

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Chris,

I don't have the Ae100 manual to hand but there's a procedure in there for resetting the lamp runtime hours - I think if you go to the Option Menu, highlight the Lamp Runtime, hold down "Enter" for about three seconds the "Lamp Runtime" changes to "Time Reset Power Off" or something similar.... If you have this highlighted on the menu and power off the projector (Not press enter again, this just cancels the time reset option) the runtime hours sre cancelled (IIRC your existing hours are moved to one of the "vacant slots" in the familiar green info menu). Maybe this will stop the red light from coming on ???

Sean.

3. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Thanks Sean

will give it a go.

chris