1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseting memory on sky digi box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by gokhan, Jun 12, 2005.

1. gokhan

gokhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i have had sky for 3 years now and have had my phone line cut recently the result is my box office purchases in the past seem to have eaten my credit now everytime i try purchase box office programs it says my card has insuffient credit can i rest the amstrad box's memory so i can order box office stuff :)

please someone help sky cant because i have no active phone line ):

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is no way to do it without attaching the box to a phone line and doing a callback. This transmits the PPV info on the card and then resets the limit. Be prepared for a bill of around £50.00, this is the limit that is set on the cards. Until you do this you will not be able to order anymore PPV.It doesn't have to be your phone, you can do it from any line, providing the house has a working Sky system. Just take your box to someone elses house,connect it up and go to the Installer menu and do a new installation.

3. gokhan

gokhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just heard that the pay per view info is stored on the viewing card itself so am gonna order a new card is this correct ?

i dont know anybody who has sky and is willing for me to come and plug my box in to their line ):

any other ideas

thanks

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Without a phone connection you can not order more PPV even with a new card (which will cost you money) unless you intend to fool the STB into thinking you have a connection and rack up more unpaid movies which I suspect is the case.

If I am wrong in assuming you are just stealing content with no intention of paying then forgive me but you see too many people asking for ways to pirate subscription telly to assume that there are indeed genuine people out there who do not understand how things work.