• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Reset?

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Is it possible to reset a PS3 so that it is back to as it was new?? i.e no user info ? Selling mine, tried reformatting but it still leaves my gamertag.

dan1991

Established Member
and why u selling it anyway, hope not for a 360

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
You may well be right . It wouldnt be the first time I have regretted selling something. Usually works out well for the person I sell to and very expensive for me as I invariably end up re buying the same thing at a later date :rolleyes: . BUT at this moment in time I have a shiny black ornament sitting alongside all my other gear .Just not getting any use out of it . Even as a BD player , I have got bored of paying even £15 for a film .And probably for the same reason I will be getting rid of my 360 HD-DVD drive at some point in the not too distant future.

AQU4RIUS

Established Member
im sure there is an option to do a system restore.

rai80

Established Member
im sure there is an option to do a system restore.

There is but when I selected full format it said 3 1/2 hours:eek:

Luckily the Champions League was on so I just left it going, came back at 10pm and it was done so I have no idea how long it really took:confused:

rhodos

Prominent Member
Yes - just do a restore - then a quick format. Thats what I did when I sold my U.S one and got a UK one. Dead quick.
The guy who bought it might have been looking to dig up my old account but I doubt it (no swag tattoo) etc but its all password protected and I assume that the password is remembered over the network and not on the hard drive.

Adcook

Distinguished Member
There is a way to do a reset, I had problems with my HDD on release day and the first thing Sony support said to try was a reset. I havent done it since and Im not exactly sure what it resets as it didnt solve my particualar problem but as far as I remember with the console in standby mode (red light only) hold the power button until you hear two beeps. I know this resets display settings and such but Im not sure if it resets user data, it certainly doesnt wipe the HDD. There maybe a way to do a "hard" reset as Im assuming that this method is a soft reset.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom