reset web interface password foxsat hdr CF4.1.3

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by sohlinux, Jul 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sohlinux

sohlinux
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot my web interface password, and I cannot login via telnet to use the pass-reset command. with telnet I get connection failed on port 23 even though port 23 shows as open when I scan the box with nmap. I can login to ftp though so are there any files which I can access over ftp which I can access to reset the web interface password? just upgraded to custom firmware 4.1.3 thinking it would reset and I just did a factory reset and still it didnt reset to default web interface password. thanks

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,208
    If you could login and read the help documentation you would find the following :)

pass-disable

This provides the facility to disable web interface User Access Control in the event of a forgotten username or password.
    Just enter 'pass-disable' from telnet to restore unsecured access to the web interface in the event of a forgotten username or password

3. sohlinux

sohlinux
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I meant pass-disable but I couldnt login to telnet at the time. after a reboot telnet is now working. :)