Reset a Humax 1100s without a remote?

merlin777

Standard Member
My hdr 1100s is not responding to a remote properly so I can't factory reset it.
Is there a way to reset it without a remote?

Just to confirm, it's not the remote. Done a the obvious and been on to Humax support ... Reset remote, changed batts twice, powercycles box overnight, tried a different remote.

Fred Smith

My hdr 1100s is not responding to a remote properly so I can't factory reset it.
Is there a way to reset it without a remote?

Just to confirm, it's not the remote. Done a the obvious and been on to Humax support ... Reset remote, changed batts twice, powercycles box overnight, tried a different remote.

In what way?

Or has the remote code been changed? There are six possibilities.

merlin777

Standard Member
That's the hold down 0/ok procedure? Humax took me through that. I tried a one for all that was programmed for box too - same symptoms.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
same symptoms.
What symptoms?

Presumably you have tried the remote on all 6 possible codes?

Presumably you have eliminated a 'IR flood' issue with a dodgy energy saving lightbulb by covering the front of the PVR and using the remote very close to the IR receiver window?

Fred Smith

What symptoms?

Presumably you have tried the remote on all 6 possible codes?

Presumably you have eliminated a 'IR flood' issue with a dodgy energy saving lightbulb by covering the front of the PVR and using the remote very close to the IR receiver window?

Asked that above, no reply from OP just another question.

merlin777

Standard Member
That's the hold down 0/ok procedure? Humax took me through that. I tried a one for all that was programmed for box too - same symptoms.
Okay. A bit more info. Can't make sense ofnthis at the moment. I'll throw the facts at you and see what you make of them.
Yes I hid or removed batts from all the remotes I wasn't using. I suspected a rogue signal at first so I looked around for other sources of IR and I couldn't find any. I know incandescent bulbs can give out IR but mine are all led so I dismissed that. But now what you've said made me try my remote with the lights off just now. It works. I quickly reset the box in case it didn't last.
Now, here's the bizarre thing. Just when you think you've got it sussed, I used the remote for my sound bar to turn the volume up and.... It kept going up. Same symptoms the Humax remote had but Humax is okay. I say okay in that it doesn't self repeat but it's still a bit insensitive. My bedroom has no lights on and I can't see any other rogue sources of IR but now we think that might be the issue I'm going to investigate further.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Buttons on handset can get sticky and stay depressed after finger removed for a time.

Most phone/tablet cameras or webcams will show if remotes are emitting IR when pointed at them.

I've inadvertently made a remote fire signals when placing in my 'remotes basket' - often only noticed as my TV power light is flickering away. That can also make other items seem 'insensitive'.

Good old incandescent / halogen light bulbs emitted very little IR.
The coiled compact fluorescents were notorious at doing so, especially in some fault conditions.
LED lights also use fluorescent phosphors, excited by the LEDs ins them and may well emit IR in quantity in some circumstances?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Merlin777

Check your conversations

Some TVs (particularly plasma and other older TVs) emit significant amounts of IR which interfere with remote control signals. Make sue that the Humax cannot see the TV or reflections of it.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom