Reservoir Dogs: Special Edition R2 Review

Sigismund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ReservoirDogsSER2.jpg

We take a look at the newly released 2 disc Special Edition DVD of gangster classic Reservoir Dogs

Read the review here

how does this compare with the DTS version released previously, is the DTS better sound wise and how do the extras compare?

Its well known that the American Edition suffers from poor black levels which look more green how does this release compare to the american special edition version ?

I bought this from Virgin today, and got a matching mousemat. Cool or what? I never get freebies, so this was a result :thumbsup:

I've got a R1 SE on order so will report back with a comparison between the DTS v DD track, and black levels. :thumbsup:

I need a new mouse mat :D

Just watched the DVD and it has a great picture - black levels were really good, and I was watching it on my Panny AE200.

One thing that has confused me was Tarrantinos death in the movie.. I am sure I remember seeing how he got shot up.. Although it was a long time ago now! One minute he was complaining about not being able to see, next he was dead. Or looked dead..

Anyone?

OK - I've had a quick look at both R1 and R2 DVDs and I think picture quality is better - more solid looking, less washed out and with deeper looking blacks - on the R2 release.

Soundwise the Dolby Digital 5.1 track on the R2 is fine, and there was no real difference between this and the R1's DTS track (in fact the R2 DD track seemed a little louder, if anything!).

I also preferred the R2's menus... !

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom