1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rescue me

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by thirst, Jan 25, 2005.

1. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone been watching this new series on Sky One?

This new fire fighter drama is like a breath of fresh air with plenty of comic moments and refreshingly politically incorrect. Check it out.

2. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    :thumbsup: I agree they talk about the black humour in Desperate Housewives, but this is definately blacker (and better)

3. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's so true lovemunkey!

What with Denis Leary's character seeing the dead people who he failed to save and having regular conversations with his dead cousin Jimmy. I was quite surprised because I was expecting some kind of tribute to the fire fighters of New York City after 9/11, glorifying them. Instead it has very dark humour and a very honest point of view of firefighters in the aftermath of the twin towers disaster, showing the firefighters struggling to get past that infamous day and deal with the tragedy of losing so many people close to them.

What I like is it's so politically incorrect and the characters say exactly what they think.