Rescue me S5 ?

neroon

Established Member
Reaction score
has season 5 aired? or is it currently being made? ....or has one of my alltime faves sadly bitten the dust?

I miss my fixes of Tommy gavin & the crew of engine 62.:(

:thumbsup:The show was renewed for a fifth season of 22 episodes. In an interview with on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Thursday, May 15, 2008, Leary revealed season 5 had been delayed until March 2009 because of the writer's strike, but that all 22 episodes would air on consecutive weeks. Joining the cast will be actor Michael J. Fox, who is set to play the part of Janet's (Andrea Roth) new love interest. According to the L.A. Weekly, on December 1, 2008 during an appearance at Book Soup in West Hollywood, Leary revealed plot details for season 5, specifically that a reinvestigation into the events leading up to and surrounding 9/11 is a major plot line in the first 10 episodes of season 5, which is currently slated to premiere in April 2009.

Taken from Wiki:thumbsup:

Was so disappointed that Sky never re-newed its contract for this. What was the last season aired on Sky ? Was it 3 ?? If yes I feel a Region 1 important coming on :D

Yes S3 was last to be aired, Season 4 finished in the US over 18 months ago, and its well worth getting imho.

Was so disappointed that Sky never re-newed its contract for this. What was the last season aired on Sky ? Was it 3 ?? If yes I feel a Region 1 important coming on :D

I honestly can't believe Sky chose to let its best show go either, I'm even more surprised no channel has picked it up. :eek:

Has the third series been given a UK release date yet? I've gotten series one, two and an imported series 4.

With the extremely weak pound I don't feel inclined to import series 3.

I honestly can't believe Sky chose to let its best show go either, I'm even more surprised no channel has picked it up. :eek:

Has the third series been given a UK release date yet? I've gotten series one, two and an imported series 4.

With the extremely weak pound I don't feel inclined to import series 3.

Just realised I don't actually have a mulit-region player anymore anyway ! Will wait for the R2 release of S3 & 4 I think.

Just realised I don't actually have a mulit-region player anymore anyway ! Will wait for the R2 release of S3 & 4 I think.

Your gonna be waiting a longggggggggggggg time! Sony have said no R2 release for S3,4 or 5:eek: which i why im gonna buy them when i go to the states in june.....on a brighter note you can download S3 on iTunes

and also season 6 has been commisioned already, before season 5 has even aired :thumbsup: Cant wait for Tommy Gavin's return.

Your gonna be waiting a longggggggggggggg time! Sony have said no R2 release for S3,4 or 5:eek: which i why im gonna buy them when i go to the states in june.....on a brighter note you can download S3 on iTunes

I just hope the US BDs are region free, not sure I can go back to watching them in SD again, having been spoilt by seeing them on Sky HD.

It's just criminal that not one UK broadcaster is showing this fantastic series:mad:

are you sure season 6 has been commised yet? i love these series, gutted about sky not picking up, im selling 1,2,3(ive got them twice) on my dvd thread if anyone needs to catch up before season 5 starts...:thumbsup:

It's just criminal that not one UK broadcaster is showing this fantastic series:mad:

I have to agree with you there. How Sky could drop a quality show like this, to show some of the cr*p they put out in prime-time, is beyond me.

It would be so cool if FX HD picked this series up, as it would really fit in there.

In fact, I've just written to FX on their contact page, asking if there's any chance of them picking it up. http://fxuk.com/contact/

Last edited:
I just hope the US BDs are region free, not sure I can go back to watching them in SD again, having been spoilt by seeing them on Sky HD.
I've got Season 3 BD from the US & it plays just fine on a UK BD player

Maybe we should all write too FX and see if they can pick up the show.

If somebody on here is really clever, maybe we should set up some sort of online petition!!

I suppose other channels we could consider are CH4, CH5, Hallmark???

Maybe we should all write too FX and see if they can pick up the show.

If somebody on here is really clever, maybe we should set up some sort of online petition!!

I suppose other channels we could consider are CH4, CH5, Hallmark???

I'd say FiveUSA , More4 & maybe even ITV1, 2, 3 or 4 are potential homes for the show.

I'd say FiveUS would pick up the take on rescue me....same sort of programming line up they already have tbh.

It winds me up that the reason Sky dropped rescue me is because nobody was watching it and figures dwindled but then again what do they expect when they show it at 3am on weekday mornings.

Get rid of all the bloody game shows! and fit some decent comedy/drama in Sky! Sort it out.

Can someone please remind me which season it was that ended with Dennis Leary and his (one of many) girlfriends in a burning house :confused: That was the last episode I saw.

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the release of Rescue Me: The Complete Third Season for the 8th of June, priced at around £34.99. Full specs for the release can be found below, along with the artwork.

• 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfers
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • Exclusive Featurettes
  • On-Set Location Tour
  • Blooper Reel
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Rescue Me Comedy Short
  • Behind the Scenes Clips
from dvdactive.com

I have seen a banner on a website stating Rescue Me is on FX in the US on April 7th.

Any news when it is on here?

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the release of Rescue Me: The Complete Third Season for the 8th of June, priced at around £34.99. Full specs for the release can be found below, along with the artwork.

• 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfers
  • Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • Exclusive Featurettes
  • On-Set Location Tour
  • Blooper Reel
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Rescue Me Comedy Short
  • Behind the Scenes Clips
from dvdactive.com

It's a hell of a lot cheaper if you buy it Region 1, but it's good news that they've released it finally on R2. I wonder if they'll release Season 4 on R2?

I have seen a banner on a website stating Rescue Me is on FX in the US on April 7th.

Any news when it is on here?

I doubt it will be on as nobody has ever shown Season 4 in the UK :(

Yes one of the problems was Rescue Me getting the 10pm slot on a sunday.
I would really want to watch this again as i loved it, and it was be a great show for FXHD, FIVEUSA or Channel 4 to pick up.

Best news I have heard all day. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom