Rescue Dawn

MrO

does anyone know when this film will be released in the UK? i cant find anything on the net, all that seems to be available is the reg A.

someone must know :lease:

MrO

umm its region A isn't it? if i could play region A disks i would buy it in a heart beat

Wiggins

This is why I dislike bluray so much. How hard can it be to release the damn thing in the UK? It's been out long enough in the States. In answer to your question though..... I've no idea. I can't find any info at all anywhere. I'd dearly like to buy it though! Maybe someone else knows?

Craigy

Distinguished Member
According to imdb Pathé Distributon are in charge of the UK release, think they are Blu-ray as well, but no release dates as yet, wanted to see this for a while.

Wiggins

Clearly, some distributors have a deep seated loathing for Europe and especially the UK. Why don't they just release a film here with a nuclear bomb encoded into it, and then they won't have to worry themselves with releasing films for those pesky Europeans again!

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Watched this film today - brought based on the recommendation of the AV Podcast - and thought it was superb :thumbsup:

PQ (the non-archive shots) looked superb - the jungle really came to life. I thought the soundtrack was immersive as well (I was only listening to the DTS core). Good to see MGM put some effort in for once.

I can confirm the title is firmly region locked to Region A though - I attempted to play in my UK PS3 but it was having none of it :( Had to use my BDP500 instead.

Hades

Distinguished Member
This is out on HD-DVD this month by Dutch Filmworks along with a few others here

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
This is out on HD-DVD this month by Dutch Filmworks along with a few others here
Cheers for that - Home Of The Brave looks quite interesting. Given that they are Dutch releases the packaging seems to be entirely in English - is that the norm for Holland?

Anyway thoroughly recommend Rescue Dawn :thumbsup:

Wiggins

On HD DVD? That's a kick in the teeth for UK owning blurayers! Anyone know where you can get these from? Amazon.de perhaps?

Spidey987

Cheers for that - Home Of The Brave looks quite interesting. Given that they are Dutch releases the packaging seems to be entirely in English - is that the norm for Holland?

Anyway thoroughly recommend Rescue Dawn :thumbsup:

I have Reservoir Dogs on HD DVD from the same company, it's English on the front cover and spine but the majority of the back cover is in Dutch.

Hades

Distinguished Member
On HD DVD? That's a kick in the teeth for UK owning blurayers! Anyone know where you can get these from? Amazon.de perhaps?
Movietyme is always a good bet for stocking imports. They tell me they do not put them on for pre-order though, as I asked about T2.

Wedlock

Dutch Filmworks releases in Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
These titles will also be available on Blu-Ray.

MrO

just a quick update for this thread:

Movietyme are stocking Rescue Dawn on HD-DVD :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom