Quantcast

requirements for entry to USA ?

tim68

hi all

planning a little trip to Los Angeles next feb, (not booked yet) I have not been for over 15 years, I believe it's a little different now and am a little confused over what is required today for entry.

if anyone can help me out please

thanks very much

rousetafarian

hi all

planning a little trip to Los Angeles next feb, (not booked yet) I have not been for over 15 years, I believe it's a little different now and am a little confused over what is required today for entry.

if anyone can help me out please

thanks very much
All of the official information is here, not that difficult to locate. Don’t ignore the rules and you’ll be fine.

Entry requirements - USA travel advice

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Make sure you do the ESTA from the official US website, not the fake ones that charge several times as much.

anticlaus105

Be careful with the ESTA. You will be asked a few questions near the end and it seems some people mange to change an answer to "yes" when using the scroll wheel to move the page (make sure to click the page first so you don't change an answer). I did 4 last night and and you get a confirmation page at the end to check your answers, so how they manage to submit an application saying they have been engaged in terrorist activities is beyond me, but it's been done. Even more impressive when it's for a 3 year old. If you accidentally click yes to the first question you can reapply after 24 hours (you may have to call them first), but any others and it's visa time.

Last edited:

tim68

I forgot about this thread I started, very sorry and thanks for the replies

I just filled out the online form above and at the end I got this message

"Your travel authorization is under review because an immediate determination could not be made. This response does not indicate negative findings. A determination will be available within 72 hours. Return to this website to retrieve and view the ESTA status of a previously submitted authorization for one or for a group of two or more persons. "

is this standard ?

I think I double checked everything

tim68

looks like I worried for nothing, just checked and all gone through fine.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
...and to answser your question: yes it's wholly standard.