require help comparing Sony KDL-32L4000 to 32W4000

Archimedes

Standard Member
Hi,
New to the forum. Have a (slightly rusty) electronics and IT background. Digital photograpy ethusiast, regretting still the diapo film age.
require help comparing Sony KDL-32L4000 to to 32W4000

Looking to DVB-T only for the moment
considering looking to my own digital photograpy in album or presentation format a plus,
considering DVD recording op TV content (documentary stuff)
use now VCR on an old high-end CRT Philips wich is dying from old age

Price difference 270€ between the two Sony - I am not "tight" but "penny-concious"

As to alternatives

Will stick to the 32 inch for dimensional reasons
Looked into Philips but reviews were not good
Looked unto Samsung but did not like the plastic look, and on specs the slightly lower price on Samsung left Sony winner.
thnx for advice

Archie

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
the 32W4000 simply blows the 32L4000 out of the water at any source of video clearly,the L4000 is a basic model to be avoided.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
at the 32" none of sony models,and overally its one of the best 32"

Archimedes

Standard Member
Next step on the price ladder of what I got offered are machines of the "E" series with 10 bits instead of 8 bits pixels, am under the impression that here we are going to fringe improvement

As far as I read the V series is not full HD slower response time than the W, and phasing out here (no stock and a few machines back-order delivery indefinite.

As things stand I rather go "W"
Archie

Last edited:

YellowSphere

E is the same technically as W, but cosmetically different (white bezel with a blue, walnut, aluminium or white frame).

There is also a V4500 (as opposed to V4000) which shares more in common with the W4000.

I certainly would try to avoid the V4000 and L4000 if at all possible, the V4500 and W4000 are much much better models.

Archimedes

Standard Member
Hi Guys, thanks to all.
I Acquired the Sony KDL 32 W 4000; The difference tot the KDL 32 E 4000 proved on real sources Terestrial and even blue-ray, fringe beneficial, but good bargaining argument. Sony is phasing out the W to the benifit of the E, but the benefit of the 10 bits vs 8 bits is only showing off (to me) at the higher formats. Completely happy with my KDL 32 W 4000 for terrestrial TV and VCR. Found colours a little harsh but major improvement by putting "backlighting" through a spot on the wall behind the set.

A question (pending answers of Sony support) want to use the USB connection to play picture presentation (stills) from an USB memory stick. thnx for any advice.

Archie

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
the 32E4000 is the same technically with 32W4000,only design is different

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom