1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

require av stand to show off plasma +ctr speaker+5 seperates

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by darkness1, May 31, 2005.

1. darkness1

darkness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i'm struggling finding a good av stand to show off all my equipment. I have
    the following:-

1 x TH42PW6 plasma 42"
    1 x kef cc3 ctr
    1 x Yamaha a2
    1 x Toshiba SD9500
    1 X Arcam alpha 6
    1 x digital sky box
    1 x video recorder

I'm tring to find a stand to show off all this equipment. Hope someone can help?

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    optimum av series probably av400 allows choice of pole heights, colour and number of shelves. If you use the bottom two shelves for your five pieces but pile the video and sky you can put the centre on the 3rd shelf and then the plasma on top.
    or if you have more room in your budget this is pretty cool! http://www.living-entertainment.com/site/eng/konkav/m516/menu.html

3. purdster

purdster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I had a similar problem & couldn't find anthing that fitted the bill - some possible options at ikea..........

Ended up making a wide flexy stand whick I'm really pleased with - it was the only way of getting the stand to fit

4. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    check out quatropi on ebay. lots of glass furniture in the avant garde range which comes in all sorts of sizes and combinations. I bought a 5 shelf equipment rack called the palma a while ago and pleased with it. Not as good as racks from alphason, atacama etc... but very good value for money IMO.

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    the thing that worries me about those shelves is the fact that they are glass! now dont get me wrong they are very nice - but what happens to the cables? the back of my setup has a ten socket plug bank (and its full) so can you imagine how many meters of cable are behind it? then think glass shelves, then think MESS!!!

have you noticed that in ads for glass products the equipment is never hooked up?

my setup looks like this (although by the weekend it will have changed as i've bought a new 7.1 amp so even more wires!!!)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Gary

6. darkness1

darkness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    How about something like this from Premier Mounts?

http://www.premiermounts.com/adapter.asp?partID=1233

Price £340 ish

Available here in the UK and in stock at the uk office. There is another one coming soon which looks even nicer, called the PSD-VT I just have not had details yet.

Chris