1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Require a System with a DVD Library

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kilkennyman, Oct 11, 2003.

1. kilkennyman

kilkennyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I need some help. I am about to purchase a DVD recorder but require it to have the facility which will list all my DVD recordings and also display what disc number they are on.

My panasonic video recorder offers this function with the ability to sort by tape no, date, channel etc, they call it a tape library.

I thought that the panasonic dvd recorder would also have it, it does have a disc navigation tool but i think it just for navigating the disc that is currently in the machine rather than a library of all discs you have recordings on...........i may be wrong.

I am not wanting to buy hard disc based system and wish to keep costs below £300.

Appreciate any help whatsoever

2. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The JVC DR-M1 has some kind of library feature. There's another thread on this recorder in the forum and you'll find a link to download the manual so you can see for yourself if it's what you're after.

Rob.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Hello Kilkenyman

The new Pioneer DVD Recorders have a Disc History 'library' function - which works without inserting the discs; though its only for up to 30 discs. Its more for keeping track of recording space available on your 'active' discs than it is a comprehensive library of hundreds of recordings.

If DVD works like CD when we first got it at work you'll want a pretty comprehensive 'library' system with cross referencing and the like - I doubt any on-board system would be sophisticated enough.

Best regards

Joe

See http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_overview.jsp?category_id=501&taxonomy_id=62-125