Requiem for a Dream (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 28/03/2016

Limited to 2,000 copies. Previously Zavvi Exclusive.

rfad-jpg.690367

Attachments

• RfaD.JPG
    RfaD.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 462
  • RfaD(back).jpg
    RfaD(back).jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Didn't like the big text font on the spine and extra text on the bottom of the front on the Canadian release.
Back artwork looks to be different on this one (and i bet the inside will be different too)
Lionsgate studio so a gloss finish is possible even though a spot gloss treatment would fit with the artwork.

Killer film. Brilliant. I have the Canadian so won't be double dipping but hugely recommend this

True but what a film though.

Agree its a brilliant film.

Quite a few years ago id gone out into town on a Saturday after getting dumped and ended up having a few to many and a rubbish night out. Came home slumped on the sofa and ended up watching this and Threads back to back on TV. Most miserbale evening ever :rotfl:.

Quite a few years ago id gone out into town on a Saturday after getting dumped and ended up having a few to many and a rubbish night out. Came home slumped on the sofa and ended up watching this and Threads back to back on TV. Most miserbale evening ever :rotfl:.

Jesus, glad you didn't watch Watership Down afterwards otherwise there would be no escaping the depression.

A few pics (thanks to ricster) :)
Full gloss finish.

rfad-3-jpg.697465

Attachments

• RFAD.jpg
    RFAD.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 77
  • RFAD(2).jpg
    RFAD(2).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 84
  • RFAD(3).jpg
    RFAD(3).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 402
  • RFAD(4).jpg
    RFAD(4).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 84
  • RFAD(5).jpg
    RFAD(5).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 94
  • RFAD(6).jpg
    RFAD(6).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 81
Awesome. I was gutted when this went out of stock and then reluctant when it came back at £19.99.

Very odd that a limited run comes in and out of stock like this.

is it a good finish and worth £9.99 or shall I wait for a few more pennies off?

Seems to be the day for resurrected steelbooks. So how does an exclusive, limited edition steelboook turn up at another retailer. o_O

Seems to be the day for resurrected steelbooks. So how does an exclusive, limited edition steelboook turn up at another retailer. o_O

Some are only exclusive for a preset period of time so when exclusivity ends, remaining stock can be offered to other retailers by the studio. If a retailer has been sitting on stock they can't shift they can return back to studio, who again, can offer out to other retailers. Seems more the latter with the 20 or so titles HMV have just taken on, a lot of those have been in stock at Zavvi for a long time.

Some are only exclusive for a preset period of time so when exclusivity ends, remaining stock can be offered to other retailers by the studio.
Weird that Zavvi are still listing it as an exclusive and charging £11.99.

Are the limited edition numbers trueful? 2,000 doesn't sound like a lot and so I am surprised they are struggling to sell them and have enough left to warrant bringing in a second retailer. Or is this figure just the number that Zavvi committed to during the exclusivity period?

Weird that Zavvi are still listing it as an exclusive and charging £11.99.

Are the limited edition numbers trueful? 2,000 doesn't sound like a lot and so I am surprised they are struggling to sell them and have enough left to warrant bringing in a second retailer. Or is this figure just the number that Zavvi committed to during the exclusivity period?

Since when do we believe those limited numbers? :p;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom