Request for 802.11n (a/g/n) + Gigabit wireless router

kwiksand

Standard Member
Hey all,

I'm on the hunt for a wireless router with:

- Gigabit (4 ports would be nice)
- 802.11n Wireless (w/ proper 802.11a and 802.11g network connectivity)
- hopefully a nice configurable interface (or capable of running DD-WRT or similar).

I've looked long and hard, and there's only a few models that seem to fit the bill, the Linksys WRT600N, A D-Link and an Edimax (which I can find next to no documentation or media coverage on).

I'd guess the WRT600N is the best choice, but its scarcely available in the U.S and not available at all here in the UK, despite the fact its been out for almost 18 months.

Can anyone think of any other routers that fit this criteria?

JuzzyD

Another one that immediately springs to mind is the Draytek 2820n/vn (I have the 2820vn) but it only has one gigabit port.

ukwill

Hey all,

I'm on the hunt for a wireless router with:

- Gigabit (4 ports would be nice)
- 802.11n Wireless (w/ proper 802.11a and 802.11g network connectivity)
- hopefully a nice configurable interface (or capable of running DD-WRT or similar).

I've looked long and hard, and there's only a few models that seem to fit the bill, the Linksys WRT600N, A D-Link and an Edimax (which I can find next to no documentation or media coverage on).

I'd guess the WRT600N is the best choice, but its scarcely available in the U.S and not available at all here in the UK, despite the fact its been out for almost 18 months.

Can anyone think of any other routers that fit this criteria?

The Belkin Vision N1 fits your criteria.

kwiksand

Standard Member
Thanks guys,

so the way I see it it now is:

- Linksys WRT610N
- Belkin N1 Vision; or
- Draytek 2820vn

I'll be on the lookout!

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom