1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REQ:NW-HD5 Help

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ajilore, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ajilore

ajilore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I misplaced my HD5 and when I found it it was obvious that some idiot had used a key or something to deeply scatch the back (in several places). I was wondering whether there is the possiblity that Sony could replace the exterior of the mp3 player? Am I covered (with the normal 1- year warranty)? If not I don't mind paying (within reason); because I am trying to avoid being given a replacement (player) as the process of putting all the songs back on would be too tedious> this leads me on to the question- of those of you that ever had a reason to send your player back to Sony for repair (e.g. button-cracking), have you ever been able to retain/keep your songs, without being told that it is compulsory to 'initialise the hard disk' prior to sending it to them?

Your help would be appreciated.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,761
    I think there wil be a minimum chargs for any repair which will probably be at about thre £70 mark. It might be worth giving Sony a call or emailing them to see if they can do this kind of repair.