• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

REQ: Hack for Samsung BD-C6900

Jedit

Does anyone yet know of a multiregion hack for the Samsung BD-C6900 (the 3D Blu-ray player)? All I've been able to find by searching is the REPEAT-5-7-5-3-8 hack, which after an hour of attempting without result I am ready to say does not work on this model.

Thanks in advance.

CALLMENUJAK

Instructions in full below.

DVD Region Free only

Take out disc, remove USB dongle.

(All the following using the buttons on the original remote, not the front panel.)

Turn off, then on again.

Wait for the Samsung logo.

Open the tray fully, then close it.

When you see the 'No disc' message (on the TV, not the LED display) press the following keys smoothly and without pausing.

REPEAT-5-7-5-3-8

Notes:

a) Don't pause to see what is on the screen after pressing 'repeat', just press the buttons one after another.

b)The 'Repeat' button is the one just below the Open/close on the remote (not the REPEAT A- B key).

Now you should see a '2' in the top left corner of the screen.

Press 9 for Region-free, or press 1 or 2 to select only that region.

You should see the 9 appear on the screen.

Turn player off, then on again.

It should now be region free.

Last edited:

shadieb

Thats the one I have tried loads of times, I have varied the speed of input and waited for the no disk message etc. but it never brings a 2 up in the corner :(

The only button below the open/close on the remote is the number 2?

Will give it another go later though.
Thanks.

CALLMENUJAK

Thats the one I have tried loads of times, I have varied the speed of input and waited for the no disk message etc. but it never brings a 2 up in the corner :(

The only button below the open/close on the remote is the number 2?

Will give it another go later though.
Thanks.
They must have moved buttons around then. (not the REPEAT A- B key)

CALLMENUJAK

The remote for the BD-C6900 doesn't have a REPEAT A->B key. I also specifically said in the OP that this hack was non-functional on this model.
I posted because I had success with it and it appeared to me that other instructions on this hack were not as clear. I can't even find where I got it from originally but I was transferring files from an hard drive that was to be formatted and I found it. I'm sorry you thought I was being unhelpful, I won't bother you again.

drb01

Standard Member
I posted because I had success with it and it appeared to me that other instructions on this hack were not as clear.

Hi - thanks for the post, and glad it worked. Is this on a UK model? Does you remote have the correct key below the open/close button?

andymckay2001

Just done this on my bcd-5900 and worked first time :thumbsup:

drb01

Standard Member
cool - but does your remote have the Repeat key below the open/close button? Or does it have a "2" below the open/close button?

Jedit

It has the 2. A picture of the remote can be found here. It appears to be the same as the 6900, though, which is odd as I'd expect it to have the same chipset as its big brother as well.

I had been thinking that the standard hack might work on the 6900 if you used a programmable remote to generate the REPEAT button, but this seems to put the kibosh on that.

Jedit

so you are saying this hack will work on the c5900 but not the c6900, even the remotes look the same?

As previously reported, I've tried this hack on the C6900 any number of times and it hasn't worked. The remotes may be the same, but the remote is only activating a hack in the player's firmware. It's entirely possible that the C6900 firmware has closed out the hack - or that the C5900 firmware has fixed it by changing the button to be used.

drb01

Standard Member
It seems the main disadvantage of this player, from my perspective, is no built in wireless, but presumably can add a dongle. Have you seen if the iPlayer works on it by any chance?

Jedit

It does have the iPlayer widget, and the widget does work. I just don't use it on the player as my TV has the widget as well.

andymckay2001

cool - but does your remote have the Repeat key below the open/close button? Or does it have a "2" below the open/close button?

Sorry for the late reply. The repeat button is bottom right above the tv channel up/down.

Drb01. Just ordered a dongle via the post on hot uk deals. £14.00.

Empire stores, create account, item is £29 but can use £15 off first order code =£14 :thumbsup:

drb01

Standard Member
you did well. It now seems to be £59! Ref code WIS09ABGNX/XEC. Frankly a bit of a rip considering that the c6900 comes with it built in ..

Jedit

you did well. It now seems to be £59! Ref code WIS09ABGNX/XEC. Frankly a bit of a rip considering that the c6900 comes with it built in ..

The C6900 has built-in wireless internet? Hmmm - I may just have sussed out why the hack works on the C5900 but not on the C6900. As I recall, it doesn't work if the player is hooked up to the net. I'll have to try it again with my router switched off.

drb01

Standard Member
The C6900 has built-in wireless internet? Hmmm - I may just have sussed out why the hack works on the C5900 but not on the C6900. As I recall, it doesn't work if the player is hooked up to the net. I'll have to try it again with my router switched off.

Good idea - please let us know how you get on ..

andymckay2001

Uh-oh. Mine was connected and set up by Ethernet when I did the hack.....so don't think that's it. Sorry

Jedit

Tried it half a dozen times with the router switched off, it didn't work. Confirmed that there was no internet connection first, so looks like it's a bust.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom