1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REQ Cable to fit Audigy 2 - 3 stereo jacks to 6 phono that will fit, has to be 5m!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cybersoga, May 24, 2003.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Where can I get a half decent lead with 3 stereo jack plugs to 6 phono (RCA plugs) that will fit an audigy 2 (jack plugs must be small), it also needs to be 5m long. I could use 3 seperate leads but they need still to fit the audigy 2.

Cheers

2. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I think Richer Sounds are doing seperate ones for £10 a piece so you will need three. Im pretty sure they are 5m for that. Just do a search on google for av cables and you will find lots of cheap alternatives but the quality wont necessarily be amazing.

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The problem is that the sockets are too close together to get the plugs in with most "professional" cables, I need to know for sure before purchasing one.

4. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Oh yeah I see what you mean. Ive got an Audigy I just looked at, a different idea would be to use a 3.5mm stereo plug to twin phone adaptor, you can pick those up cheap and use any phono cable you like, I would think that you could plug two of those in nest to each other. So its either that idea or just use a cheap cable, what are you linking the audigy to amp for? If its only for games then the cable wont a lot of difference but obviously for music and dvds a better cable is preferable.

5. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I had the same problem with my A2: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56973

I've since sold that card (you need a 4-pole=>3 RCA lead for the sub/centres output, BTW) and bought an M-Audio Revo. This has a similar problem, but I found a solution of sorts that doesn't seem to sacrifice much/any sound quality.

Just use small, rigid 3.5mm adaptors - right-angled or 3.5mm=>twin RCA are ideal (as cheapskate2003 suggested). You can fit three of these side-by-side pretty easily. In the former case you can "fan out" the connections so they all fit (but have to be at a funny angle) and in the latter you can just use three twin RCA=>twin RCA runs to your amp(s).

MuFu.

6. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Or ... if you got the cables from Richer Sounds you (should) be able to take them back within 14 days if there is a problem. Just make sure you ask to confirm when buying.

Vikki

7. jitter

jitter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 too and after many hours of deliberation etc I bought 5 Ixos 109 3.5mini to RCA and very pleased to report they all fit in the card jacks without touching even! Very nice quality too.

Bought from hotkit.co.uk for the offer price of 9.99 each too!

prob solved.

though not 5M long for Cybersoga soz