1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reputable online PJ retailers, that offer 0% finance.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by silentbob, Nov 25, 2004.

1. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The missus, she say - YES!! On the proviso that I look for some sort of Interest free credit.

So, what I need to ask you fine people (good mood see :) is:

a) Can anyone recommend an e-tailer with 0% finance?
    b) Has anyone had any experience using these sorts of services?

Help me get the display of my dreams. :smoke:

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Over what period? Discount Electrical are offering 'buy now pay in 12 months', provided by Clydesdale Bank, I'm using that to buy an H77 .. hopefully, if they ever appear. ;)

I've used an agreement like this once in the past, it's all perfectly clear with a statement that makes it plain that if the account is paid back in full before 12 months is up no interest is charged.

You can therefore budget 1/12 per month, put it aside perhaps somewhere to accumulate a few pence interest, then pay back whenever it's convenient.

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Over what period? Discount Electrical are offering 'buy now pay in 12 months', provided by Clydesdale Bank, I'm using that to buy an H77 .. hopefully, if they ever appear. ;)

I've used an agreement like this once in the past, it's all perfectly clear with a statement that makes it plain that if the account is paid back in full before 12 months is up no interest is charged.

You can therefore budget 1/12 per month, put it aside perhaps somewhere to accumulate a few pence interest, then pay back whenever it's convenient.

BTW .. have you learned what she wants in return for this favour? :devil:

4. silentbob

silentbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Whoa boy! Looks like you've got an itchy trigger finger there Kragorn. :)

TBH anything from 9 months would be good. I already have Discount Electrical in my sights as we speak, I was looking at Unbeatable but they have no AE700's in stock at present.

Having said that, apparently it is the law the retailers have to give a 2 week cooling off period anyway so it would probably not matter.

Oh and Kragorn, the answer is quite simple:

1 x House
    1 x Baby [With small print claiming provisioning for many more]

:zonked:

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just lucky timing I guess. :)

I bought my first projector from Ben and find him great to deal with. If you weren't to pay the money before the 12 months is up the interest rate is pretty extortionate, as all these sorts of deals are, so if there was any chance of your not being able to then I certainly wouldn't suggest it.

BTW, not sure you've got the best of that deal. :D

6. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Also try Hifibitz @ www.hifibitz.co.uk They do a number of schemes including 12 month interest free with no deposit. They stock Infocus, Otpoma to name but a few. I used them and they were great.