Question Reputable Hikvision supplier & camera choice

Markr123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking for a reputable supplier of cameras as I’m struggling to pick through the endless camera suppliers across the net. I’m also a little confused to pro/cons of range now available from Hikvision inc Ezviz, Hiwatch and the traditional range. I understand the target market but struggling to identify best for £££ spent. I have a single Ezviz husky dome that performs quite well but it’s a little on the “consumer” side for me. Setup and use is by design, easy, but motion detection is well below par with many false positives. Rely on internal card as not interested in PAYG cloud.

What’s important?
Requirement for ~6 to 8 cameras added over time
Low light performance important in small, dark village
Good motion detection with selectable area and low false positive
Resolution to read a number plate (as my Ezviz can at reasonable distance)
PoE is a must
Prefer turret (ideally in Black not white finish) as EXIR method is appealing separating lens from ir
Avoid proprietary protocols onvif desirable
3MP or higher
Budget <£130 / camera
Fed up of low quality dvr / nvr has in the past I have x3 Dell poweredge servers running. Can I leverage. I can easily create an ESXi VM to host a NVR recording to a FreeNas box.

Amazon supply but can not verify if official uk device although amazon returns are excellent. Looking for good impartial uk supplier.

Like these... http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013101905391080103.pdf but understand hikvision now restrict supply to end users?

Any advice / suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Do ADI only supply trade? I own a business but it's not security related. I am also interested in getting some Hikvsiion stuff over the next year or so. I found a website called use-ip which seems decent, but would like to know how price compares to ADI?

ADI do Over the counter too.

No account required.

Thanks. Use-ip look like a great business and a company I’d like to buy from. It’s one I’d considered as the advice and guidance look brilliant. Having said that, it looks like hikvision are now restricting supply of goods to many resellers for their higher end range.

I’ll take a looks at ADI. Thanks.

I used these guys in Manchester found them to be very good, plenty of advice and guidance for me and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, and would definitely use them again in the future.

HTH

I'm in a similar predicament
CCTV - Hiwatch by Hikvision

Hiwatch seems to be aimed at residential and under hikvisions new rules, anybody can buy. I have a 4bay QNAP that I could use but if I wanted 8 cameras I would need to buy 6 extra camera licenses (~£250) and work out how to handle the PoE (~£100), so the £100 Hiwatch 8 channel PoE NVR seems a bargain!

Ebuyer prices are competitive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom