Reporting fraud to Wales police station

daftpunk1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I need to contact the police in this area,

Margam
Port Talbot

Does anyone have the appropriate number?

I bought a piece of furniture a few weeks ago and the guy is messing me about so so much. He told me that royal mail returned item for excess weight and it would have to go Parcelforce and arranged for collection.

Was then told that it was too heavy and he would refund me. He told me on tuesday that he would either have tracking number or refund me the next day.

Ive waited long enough and he refuses to answer my calls and texts.

I want to give his local police station a ring so they can call out and see what exactly is going on.

Hope you get you answer but I suspect that they won't want to know saying that it is a civil matter.

Cheers,

Nigel

That's definitely a civil matter!

Google is your friend?

101 should get you to the local control room , but , as above , they wont want to know as it is a civil matter ......

Last edited:
What is my best option, should I contact my bank, or the bank that the seller is with.

Would they give me his home telephone number under the circumstances as I only have his mobile number....

What is my best option, should I contact my bank, or the bank that the seller is with.

Would they give me his home telephone number under the circumstances as I only have his mobile number....

Ask yourself if you would be happy if your bank gave a stranger your home telephone number ?

I think if I was frauding people I would deserve alot more. Cant understand how theft is a civil matter, i thought it would be a crime...

How did you pay? Was it online? If so, contact your bank and inform them that there is an unauthorised transaction on your account. Tell them that you knew of an amount to be deducted by this company but they have made a mistake. Tell them that the matter is now under dispute but the seller is refusing to return your money until a thorough investigation is launched. This is grounds for the bank / cc company to make a debit to the seller bank account and recredit your account within 1 working day. Then you can just tell the seller to go and play with himself.

I think if I was frauding people I would deserve alot more. Cant understand how theft is a civil matter, i thought it would be a crime...

I sort of agree with this. I was thinking it earlier.

Could one of our resident police officers explain why this is a civil matter?

Erm.. this might sound really stupid, sorry.What is meant by " a civil matter"?

When does a civil matter become a police matter.

If my wife beats me up and threatens to kill me in my own home, is that a civil matter?

If she subsequently stabs me, is that apolice matter?

I've always ben a bit confused about this.

That's definitely a civil matter!
I would say so. Contractual dispute.

If my wife beats me up and threatens to kill me in my own home, is that a civil matter?

Both the criminal offence of assault. Police matter.

Then seek compensation for injuries received. Civil matter.

Clear as mud.

As the above poster says, it's likely to be put down as a contractual dispute, therefore a civil matter, for which you should contact a solicitor. Personally however depending how you paid for the item I'd firstly contact with your bank/PayPal to report it.

You could contact the Police, if you've got sufficient details of the seller they might be able to help. They'll probably have a resident fraud officer who could advise.

Can you imagine the manpower required for the Police to get involved in every disputed Internet/eBay transaction?!

Yes I agree this is a breach of contract dispute if anything, so civil not criminal. It certainly is not fraud as suggested in your title. contact citizens advice for consumer advice or your local trading standard.

By the way the national police number is 101 for non-emergencies.

Very true but the police do absolutely nothing these days. Im sure calling at this guys house just to ask a couple of questions and put him under a bit of pressure will take too much of their resources..

daftpunk1 said:
Very true but the police do absolutely nothing these days.

And you'd know?!

daftpunk1 said:
Very true but the police do absolutely nothing these days. Im sure calling at this guys house just to ask a couple of questions and put him under a bit of pressure will take too much of their resources..

I think you'll find society demand too much of the police resources and want them to sort out their every day life problems with unrealistic expectations.

This is a trading dispute so suitable for trading standards to investigate, that is what they are there for.

Come back John Thaw all is forgiven:laugh:

The police are overloaded dealing with facebook harassment so wouldn't have the time to investigate why the OP's furniture hasn't arrived yet.

bosque said:
The police are overloaded dealing with facebook harassment so wouldn't have the time to investigate why the OP's furniture hasn't arrived yet.

Hahaha how true, good old Facebook!

Ive seen police officers about 4 times this month. All in the chinese...lol...

daftpunk1 said:
Ive seen police officers about 4 times this month. All in the chinese...lol...

And what's wrong with that? Are police not allowed a refs break?

He hasn't committed a crime yet ;)

Think you'll need the number of a good divorce lawyer. After the ambulance service and the local A&E.;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom