1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report on Arcam DV27A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rafaelp, Jun 2, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rafaelp

rafaelp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just talked to the dealer that sold me a DV27 who is going ga-ga (hope that translates well on the other side of the pond) over the DV27A he just put on display. He told me the picture quality was amazing over the DV27 and of course the sound with DVD-A was on another level.

Has anyone purchased a DV27A that can confirm my dealer's report. My distributor in the USA won't be ready to perform the upgrade on mine for some time so I guess I just want my mouth to start watering! :) :)

2. RossC

RossC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Had a look at a 27A back to back with an original 27 (i.e not 'plus' spec) and there is a difference in terms of both sound and video performance.

Colours seemed a little richer and possibly slightly warmer overall balance. Picture quality, perhaps a little smoother , but I'm not so sure, however the dealer watching also (who hadn't done a back to back so far) seemed pretty pleased with the improvement (and I wasn't about to buy a 27A so no incenetive there).

Audio - only two channel - slightly more detailed, but not major.

Only had a short time to compare, confirmed how good the original 27 was, not sure if I'll upgrade mine (not fussed about DVD-A anyway, really only interested in the 'plus' elements of the A, if that makes sense!)

All IMHO of course.

RC

3. Nick Laslett

Nick Laslett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How was the Chroma Bug?

Does the Plus improve this?