1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report from Berlin Exhibition

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by joys_R_us, Aug 30, 2003.

1. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Report from Berlin Exhibition
    I was there today with 70,000 others and for well informed people not much real news but I will try to contribute:

- LG 71 plasma (wow !) They are fighting hard with Samsung to introduce (at least prototypes) of the world's biggest plasma
    - Samsung 70 (still a prototype)
    - Samsung LCD 54 looked quite well. According to one person due beginnning of 2004, according to another one sometime in 2004.
    - Blue-ray DVDs everywhere (and running !)
    - HDMI DVD player of Pio due beginning 2004
    - All Panasonic plasma in Europe without DVI/HDMI and all DVD players without PAL progressive (they don't think there is a market need for it - real idio ts)
    - Must say LCDs look really good. They are a bit coarse but sharper than plasmas which look smoother and with better colour gradation.
    - I am leaning towards Pio 434 (with HDMI as standard) but after having seen the LCDs...(I again do not know)

Here some pictures:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jo...rc=ph&.view=t

2. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will that lovely sounding Pioneer HDMI DVD player plug straight into the DVI socket on my 433MXE's 5002 video card? Or am I getting very confused?

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TBH, I think that needs further investigation. I think HDMI as a standard includes provision for DVI connectivity, for backward compatibility.

However, the PDA5002 board will only take a 480p Video source through DVI (it will take computer resolutions though). Additionally it is not HDCP compliant.

The output of the DVD player is unlikely to be a computer resolution, hence I think we will be limited to 480p with current board via HDMI and will depend on source as to whether HDCP is an issue.

As I said though it needs investigation, also you can upgrade the board, should you wish.

4. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0