1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"reporo" shop on your mobile £5 cd-wow voucher

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Marc, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    https://www.reporo.com are giving you a £5 cd-wow voucher for signing up for their mobile phone shopping software which they say is completely free of charge (other than gprs fees)

has anyone done this? I'm thinking about doing it for the voucher cos i dont think theres any reason i ever have to use it again afterwards, but i wanna make sure there's no catch.

2. jamesbocco

jamesbocco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I done this a few days ago and just got the new Daft Punk album in today for £3.75. Couldn't see any catch to it, I just deleted it after I used it . The only thing is that they still have my details online. I sent them an email asking for them to remove my personal information but haven't heard back yet.

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    their T's and C's state that they will remove your account and all your details within 60 days.

do you have to use the voucher via your mobile, or can you use it on your pc as well?

4. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +863
    Would this work by using a wap browser/emulator on the PC?, don't want to mess about with GPRS on the mobile just for a fiver.

5. jigger_jay

jigger_jay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    i think it all has to be done through the phone
    i dunno wiether its worth it tbh, i think it seems a little shifty, this whole online on your phone purchasing, paying with another company which has your card details :s

6. markdawson4

markdawson4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought Saw for £9.99 the week after it was released and had no problems at all. The £5 off only applies to the top 75 CDs and DVDs. It's worth using just once to get the £5 off and then deleting it from your phone. You can't use any other vouchers through the site so all other items are the same price as the CD-WOW website before any discounts.

As far as I know you have to use your mobile to use the offer. Not sure about an emulator though.

You can dial up to it through WAP, instead of GPRS (or you can on the Nokia 6230) but you have to reconnect most of the time to get to the next page. It takes a bit longer than using GPRS but still works.

7. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i cant decide at the moment which to buy, the top 75 is full of a lot of crap that's on sale and a lot of stuff i already have, but ive narrowed my selection to:

The Office Christmas Specials - £5.99
    Finding Nemo - £3.99
    Red Dwarf VI - £7.99

8. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i've bought loads from this service, i think its really cool, only had one problem with an order but order than that i've bought about 20 things.

i've also bought presents for people from it as well and it all works really well.

Gary

9. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i decided to give it a go, and ordered Finding Nemo for £3.99. I don't know if i'll ever use it again since you cant get any more discounts, but i suppose if i was away from any computers and desperately needed to order something i could use it..