Repo man any good

D

DPS

Thinking about buying the special edition on region 1.Ive never seen this film but have heard excellent reviews, any views would be nice.Thanks.

errr yeah. I like it,
It is a 'bit' strange...

can I borrow it if you get it?

Too strange for me didn't enjoy it at all.

It might take you 3 or 4 watches to get into it if you haven't seen it before and you're usually more into "regular Joe" kind of movies. It's leftfield stuff but it's great. Shame they didn't include the TV version that Alex Cox specially re-cut and overdubbed all the bad language on - it's possibly funnier than the proper version - "flip you you melonfarmer" and all that malarky.

Remember - John Wayne was a fag.

I like it. Emilio Estevez can be cool see!

I love this film; I still have the above mentioned 'TV edit' - the first film I ever taped 'off-air' when my parents finally got a VCR (seemed like years after everyone else had one!)
The TV edit also has a couple of scenes NOT on the theatrical cut DVD.

I have the 'Tin' version which includes a booklet & a soundtrack CD. The actual DVD of the film is the same as the single disc R1 release. Had to have it though!

The DVD picture is very good considering the budget/age of the film.

Not saying much, I know, but it is definitely (IMO) the best thing Emilio Estovez has been in.

You'll either love it or hate it, but I'd be surprised if you love it on a first viewing; most people's reaction to a first viewing is:- WTF!

Great film. Pretty much a classic I think.

If you've seen Pulp Fiction and thought the glowing 'thing' in the suitcase was a novel idea, watch RM and think again :)

Originally posted by juboy
Great film. Pretty much a classic I think.

If you've seen Pulp Fiction and thought the glowing 'thing' in the suitcase was a novel idea, watch RM and think again :)

"Kiss Me Deadly" did it first I think.

Apart from lime flavoured beef jerky ...mmmmm

Must add my name to the "Love this movie" club
have,nt seen it for a couple of years but always watch it when it resurfaces on tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom