1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReplayTV 5040 image over RCA cable is yellowish and blurry

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by tdloc, Dec 4, 2002.

1. tdloc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I recently bought the ReplayTV 5040. It works fine, for the most part, but when using the RCA outputs, the image has a yellowish tint, making all the people look jaundiced. Also, the image is slightly blurrier than when compared to the signal coming in over cable TV coax. I've tried hooking the RCA outputs directly into my TV (bypassing the receiver), and still has the same problem. I've tried both AR (Acoustic Research) and Monster brand RCA video cables; both have the same issue.

If I watch the TV on channel 3 while the ReplayTV is on, the image looks fine. However, there are situations where I want to use the RCA connections (it's easier through the reciever), but can't stand the yellowish tinge on everything.

Is this normal, or is my ReplayTV possibly defective?

P.S. I'd use s-video, but neither my TV nor receiver has s-video connections.