• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacment drive for LG DR 175

glenbrittle

Standard Member
I'm a new user to this forum and also to the net. I wonder if any forum user can tell me if it's possible to replace a drive, (Something I can do!) and if so where to find one for my LG DR 175. I would appreciate any help, please!!

Gavtech

Administrator
I'm a new user to this forum and also to the net. I wonder if any forum user can tell me if it's possible to replace a drive, (Something I can do!) and if so where to find one for my LG DR 175. I would appreciate any help, please!!

Welcome to the forum.

First you would need to be sure that drive failure is the real problem.

It is perhaps probable, because these machines seem to have a common history of such failures.

Then you will have to make a judgement whether it is economically viable to perform such a repair.

You will need to open the machine to get any appropriate part numbers from the machine.

Armed with that and the Model number of the machine you may be able to source a drive... such as from here for example.... although you would need to check with the suppliers that it is suitable for your model.

Searches for any part numbers you find may throw up alternatives too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom