Replacing Toshiba 2109?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hutchingsp, Jan 1, 2003.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm chewing over replacing my chipped 2109. I've read up and it seems it's still a pretty damn good player in terms of picture and sound quality, but I'm starting to think CDR/RW and MP3 playback would be a bouns, plus I guess there will be some niggles with newer DVDs, and the RCE pain in the arse...

Working on the theory that it's mint and boxed, and if I was very lucky and sold it to someone at work I might get £60-70, what would people suggest for around £120-130 (total, not extra)?

I'm thinking the Panasonic DVDRV32EBS, or the Toshiba SD220, not sure of any others worth considering?

Not keen on Pioneer, can't really explain why, just don't want one!

I'm not too fussed about fancy features, I want good compatability, and the best sound/picture for the money.

TIA,
    Paul

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Toshiba 220e.I had a 210e which was fine,but i do prefer this newer model.I do think both sound and picture are improve,.Looks better aswell!

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I have a Toshiba SD2109, it works well and unlike a lot of newer players was Made In Japan and has been perfectly reliable.
    Personally, upgrading at this price level for better picture quality is likely to disappoint you, keep it a while longer.

4. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May do that. Seems DVD players are only getting cheaper, so assuming my 2109 handles RCE OK with the remote hack I'll see how I get on...

Paul