Replacing the idrive system on a BMW 120d

Jamie1993

Novice Member
Hi,

I have recently bought a BMW 1 Series 120d SE 5dr. I believe it is the E87 model?

Someone has replaced the CCC system with a Halfords stereo (TW#T!!). It still has the central control knob in the center console and display screen on the dash, and I am looking at reinstalling the original CCC system.

I have looked on Ebay and there is so many types of in car entertainment systems that all claim to fit that model. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of the type of system will be compatible with my car?

The system in particular I have been looking at on Ebay is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/37130945 ... 1309456424

Is this the right one? Is there anyway to check the serial numbers or anything?

Cheers,

Jamie

AMc

Distinguished Member
You're really going to need a BMW forum to be sure. There are so many potential gottchas with systems that intergrate with the car beyond standard ISO connectivity. Your local BMW dealer may be able to tell you what was fitted when the car was new by checking their computer - depends how friendly the parts manager is.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom