• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacing standard stereo in Renault Laguna Initiale 07

h31p

Established Member
Hi guys, I'm after some advice, please...

I keep blowing the speakers in my Laguan Initiale 07, so I want to get some better speakers. The current stereo seems to be ok - it has the full colour sat nav, 6 cd changer, etc, but it can't handle any noise!

One point I should make is that this is a lease vehicle that has another couple of years to run on the lease, so I don't want to go too overboard on upgrades because when the car goes back, so will the ICE!

I've bought myself a cheap sub in a box from ebay (Kenwood DB+, I think) and that came with an amp. Now I'd like to replace the front and rear speakers with something that is less likely to blow whenever I play my music a little loud and with a little bit of bass! I'm then hoping to buy a new head unit that will enable me to wire my iPod (or even better, my iPhone - any ideas?) into it. I'll then try and find someone to fit all of this for me.

As I've said, I want to do this fairly cheaply. With this in mind, can I avoid changing all of the existing wiring? Will I be able to remove my head unit and replace the old one when the car has to go back?

Any recommendations on speakers? How do I know what to look for, in terms of what will fit in the existing holes on the door panels?

Has anyone got any experience on changing the stereo / etc on the same generation of Laguna as mine?

Thanks for looking.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom