• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacing Sky+ with Sky+160

AntBanks

can't find the answer to this question so forgive me if its been asked before.

I'm thinking of getting a Sky+160 box, but buying it not from sky, i already have a normal Sky+ box. is it just a case of swapping the boxes over and putting my viewing card in the new box. Or do i have to ring Sky to let them know about the new box

Thanks for any help

neilmcl

You just swap the boxes and phone Sky to pair you're viewing card to the new box. I'm interested in what you'd pay for the Sky+160 because you do realise it will probably be cheaper to upgrade your existing box's HDD.

AntBanks

neilmcl said:
You just swap the boxes and phone Sky to pair you're viewing card to the new box. I'm interested in what you'd pay for the Sky+160 because you do realise it will probably be cheaper to upgrade your existing box's HDD.

I know what your saying, i was just looking on Ebay. There is a brand new one for 149 pounds, so probably will upgrade my existing box with new HDD.

Will be getting SkyHD so this box will go up stairs whenever i get that.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom