1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Nick, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Nick

Nick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looks as if my beloved PW6 has been destroyed by a house flood along with all of my AV kit and hi-fi :(

I am about to start replacing the entire kit and now considering putting more money into the plasma and saving on my sound setup in an attempt to at least benefit from an HD ready screen. I now have some conflicting info and could really do with some help:

1. Is the PV500 still late May / Early June for first deliveries? If so, I cannot go without TV till then so would have to rule it out.

2. Is the Pioneer 435XDE really worth eating into my audio budget for?

3. Any other plasmas that I should be considering and should I be this worried about HD - I generally (floods aside) keep a TV for about 4 years. The PW7 with HDMI looks interesting but will not accept HDTV?

Thanks in advance...

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Nick your stuck between a rock and a very hard place mate..........PIo MXE, Panny PHD7, 50" from Panny Pio etc but very very limited still for "HD ready" screens

3. Nick

Nick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Exactly my thoughts :(

Do we have a definate date for PV500 yet? Still shows May on AV-Sales for the 42"?

Is the PHD7 HD ready then? I believe that it has HDMI input but does it lack the HDCP required?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    it has HDCP but wont accept 720p or 1080i over HDMI at 50 Hz will over analogue and will accpet the HDMI at 60Hz so a scaler £800+ OR a HDCP remover and DVi to RGBHV converter is needed.