Replacing Poly for Chord Mojo with a Bluetooth or wireless device

alekos985

Novice Member
I d like to Replace the 600$ Poly (for Chord Mojo) with a BT or wireless device

The possibilities, for what I know, are 2:

1) smartphone -> BT device with COAX out -> mojo
2) smartphone -> BT device with optical out -> mojo

For option 1):
using xDuoo 05BL Pro. A good way to get LDAC BT with the Mojo.

Basically u pass the file to the mojo via Bluetooth LDAC and then this "xDuoo" will pass the file digitally to the mojo using its coax output (no cable. there's a coax plug that comes out of the device. which is better than a wire I suppose)**
  • Bluetooth 5.0, CSR8657 Digital Turntable. 05BL PRO Bluetooth digital turntable is designed for XD05/Plus to transform your device into a Bluetooth DAC or headphone amplifier. Because of the latest chip, it has stable connection without delay, fast and secure.
  • Compatible with IOS/Android. This turntable is compatible with many devices and it supports many formats like APTX/ APTX_LL/APTX_HD/LDAC
  • You can enjoy 24Mbps transmission speed at maximum, two times faster than Bluetooth 4.2LE. Feel easy to transmit lossless CD-Quality signals. Fast wireless transmission and ultralow signal transmission
  • CVC noise cancellationalow signal transmission
  • CSR8675 chip
  • THD+N: 0.00087%

OPTION 2) is using the optical in of the mojo:
using a Bluetooth device which has optical out like this one: FeinTech Bluetooth 5.0 Audio Transmitter for TV Adapter Receiver aptX HD Low Latency Toslink SPDIF
  • Bluetooth 5.0 adapter, function as audio transmitter or receiver adjustable, inputs and outputs 3.5 mm jack analog or SPDIF Toslink digital optical
  • Supports all newest and old Bluetooth audio devices with SBC and HD audio formats aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC for high-quality audio transmission with low time delay
  • Chipset CSR BC8675, at least 10 m range, integrated rechargeable battery with approx. 20 hours operating time (or 14 hours running time with SPDIF connection), supports Multipoint, Dualpoint. CONSIDER THAT WITH THIS ONE U GOTTA USE A TOSLINK CABLE, WITH THE COAX DEVICE YOU DON'T CAUSE **(there's a coax plug that comes out of the device. which is better than a wire I suppose).
QUESTIONS:
1) WHICH OF THESE 2 OPTIONS DO U THINK IS BEST?

2) do u REALLY think is possible to hear any difference from using the poly?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom