• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacing Plasma IEC/Mains Lead?

Standard Member
Hi,

Whilst im having problems with my new plasma, im moving my old plasma to a bedroom but the power lead is bit short. I was wondering replacing it for a shielded long IEC cable, but a cheap one. But looking through the manufactors manual, it says I should only use the cable supplied with the TV.
Is this advisable or should I get an extension lead to plug IEC cable into?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I can't see any feasible reason why not TBH. I've done the same with my Plasma a couple of years ago with no problems.
Make sure the lead you replace it with is a suitable rating and make sure you replace the fuse with a suitable one as most replacements will probably come with a 13Amp fuse.

If the TV is double insulated (i.e. a 2 pin lead with no earth wire) then it doesn't matter if the new lead does have an earth. If the TV does have an earth but the replacement lead doesn't then it wont physically fit so you can't get that wrong

I used a spare long PC one I had a swopped the fuse for the one needed by my TV (I nicked the fuse out of the original)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom