Replacing pioneer Lx57 with...

JamesP1701

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I replaced my denon 2311 with a pioneer lx57. It doesn't just have the same level of inclusion that I was expecting: the 'punch' is missing.

As such, I'm looking to sell it on the classifieds and replace it. The question is with what? It's for home cinema and gaming but not really music (although airplay and internet radio would be v. welcome.)

My speakers are b&w 685 fronts, HTM 62 centre and DS3 rears.

Much appreciated.

J

Anthem MRX 310, I had a Pioneer LX56 before, it a was a big step up to Anthem.

Anthem MRX 310, I had a Pioneer LX56 before, it a was a big step up to Anthem.
Which doesn't have Airplay or Internet radio...I would have a look at the MCACC threads on here and ivet at AVS and possibly persevere with the Pioneer. I just replaced my top of the range Onkyo 5010 with a Pioneer yesterday (via a Cambridge Audio 751 which pees over both but doesn't have enough HDMI inputs for me unfortunately) and it leaves the big Onk in the starting blocks after spending 5 hours yesterday setting up using aforementioned threads...

Just add an Apple TV for Airplay.

Why sacrifice the overall quality for 1 or 2 missing features?

Just add an Apple TV for Airplay.

Why sacrifice the overall quality for 1 or 2 missing features?
No I agree fully that the Anthems are great as I've heard one up and running - I'm just suggesting that there's more to the Pioneer than the OP has experienced already.

Hi all

I replaced my denon 2311 with a pioneer lx57. It doesn't just have the same level of inclusion that I was expecting: the 'punch' is missing.

As such, I'm looking to sell it on the classifieds and replace it. The question is with what? It's for home cinema and gaming but not really music (although airplay and internet radio would be v. welcome.)

My speakers are b&w 685 fronts, HTM 62 centre and DS3 rears.

Much appreciated.

J

very interesting as iv been in a similar situation and have the same setup on the fronts (had kef crestas before).

are you finding the audio lacks depth after running mcacc? thats what im finding with my pio vsx2016...audio just becomes shallow with the B&W's. im going to add an isolation pad to the HTM62 but overall im in the same predicament as you.

i have a marantz mcr603 paired to 686's in the bedroom and i do really love the sound from this setup...perhaps marantz and b&w are a good pair.

im contemplating the 6008.

Yes that is exactly what I'm finding.

I just don't know if selling it and replacing is a viable option...

MCACC isn't really a case of running and leaving it I'm afraid - there's quite a lot to it and I ended up running it 7 or 8 times to get it right along with working out standing wave times etc. but in the end it was worth it as it makes everything I've had in the past sound pretty lame. It's bright sounding no denying but time spent on reading the threads here was time spent well.

im up for some tweaking.

any specific threads that were useful...iv seen one on avsforum that il get stuck into...

iv got a made to measure isolation pad coming in the next few days.

MCACC isn't really a case of running and leaving it I'm afraid - there's quite a lot to it and I ended up running it 7 or 8 times to get it right along with working out standing wave times etc. but in the end it was worth it as it makes everything I've had in the past sound pretty lame. It's bright sounding no denying but time spent on reading the threads here was time spent well.

Arrived today. Really well made!

Attachments

• 1402156361598.jpg
    1402156361598.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 662

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom