Replacing our Samsung ES8000 TV. Help!

thesoundone

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum and wanted to ask advice about replacing our Samsung ES8000 which has lasted us for nearly 10 years without problems. However, today we got vertical lines on the screen and now looking at a replacement. I think this set cost us about £1200 back then so my questions are:

1. Do we need to spend as much again to get an equivalent quality TV?

2. Which TV would match the great quality (I think) of our current model?

Really appreciate any advice given!

Cheers!

It's hard to give an equivalent quality TV on one that's so old. I suspect you'll want a higher-end TV like the S95B (OLED, if it fits your use case) or the QN90B (LCD). Which will set you back around £1000 or so.

Would be helpful to know what you do with your TV and what type of content you watch.

The reason to spend more on a TV now has changed. You do it to get a better HDR picture, or in the case of comparing cheaper TVs to more expensive ones, a HDR picture that isn't broken.

You won't want to dip lower than TVs such as the Samsung Q80B or Sony X90K.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at an LG OLED C2 42", which seems to a great model. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at an LG OLED C2 42", which seems to a great model. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.
Yes, if you need a TV that size that's the one to buy. Go for it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom