Replacing old Toshiba tv

bunnarooney

Standard Member
Hi Folks
I am about to replace my ageing Toshiba tv model 37-3035d which I have had since 2008. A good feature was the ability to set the bass,treble etc controls independently instead of pre sets which I have on a newer Samsung. This enabled me to tailor the sound I wanted for headphones. My question is how can I find this feature on a new tv-is there a setting I should look for before I buy. Screen size has to be 40-43.
Many thanks for your help.

Dodgexander

You could try looking in the manual, I think most TVs have custom adjustment but I've always thought it was for the speakers only, not headphones. A lot of TVs are doing away with ports for headphones now, so you should be careful which model you choose.

Good thing is you can find out from specs whether they have a headphone port or not, and probably find out about any adjustments that can be made by downloading the product manual before you buy.

I'd suggest looking at Sony TVs, they have headphone ports unlike Samsung and LGs.

bunnarooney

Standard Member
You could try looking in the manual, I think most TVs have custom adjustment but I've always thought it was for the speakers only, not headphones. A lot of TVs are doing away with ports for headphones now, so you should be careful which model you choose.

Good thing is you can find out from specs whether they have a headphone port or not, and probably find out about any adjustments that can be made by downloading the product manual before you buy.

I'd suggest looking at Sony TVs, they have headphone ports unlike Samsung and LGs.
Many thanks for your reply--I hadn't thought of checking out the manuals.
Best wishes

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom