Replacing old card and old software

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I about to upgrade my Graphic card as I will want to use the 3D NVIDA System now when i installed the NVIDA software I was doing it on my old card Which is a "AMD Radeon5700 which is now about 4 years old and the 3D software would not work with it. I am going to replace it with a "ASUS GTX Nvidia GE Force Direct CUllOC 2GB Gddr5. My Question is do I have to delete my old drivers and software from AMD Radeon of the computeror would the new cards software remove it for me. Also the Nvidia 3D software which is also on my computer should I delete that and start all over again or would that be ok as it is

I would suggest using Driver Sweeper and remove all graphics card drivers/software then reinstall the latest NVIDIA software for download from the website when you've installed your new graphics card. The New driver/software wouldn't remove any of ATI's software for your old AMD card.

It won't remove other graphics drivers because you may be using both cards at once.

Uninstall the AMD drivers, take out the AMD card and then follow the instructions for the nVidia card. If you want to run driver sweeper it should be after you run the standard uninstall.

Hi endless should I remove the Nevada drivers and software as well and reinstall once I have the the new card or go to there web page and download it from there

I'd imagine you can leave the 3d glasses driver and software on there.

Hi Endless Again uninstalling the old card drivers & all the Nevada stuff ( might as well take everything off & do a clean install is it as easy as going to control panel and going to Add/remove program or do i have to use this remove this driver sweeper program and if so is it fairly easy to use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom