Question Replacing Nuvo Essentia with???

stavrjim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi to all the helpful folk on avforums.
I have a few questions that I am looking for some answers for. Before I go to them, here is what I would like to be able to do:
Capability to play audio either via web streaming service (Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, Amazon Music, etc) or music stored on a SAN (Drobo). Music should be able to be played in a number of rooms (at the moment thinking that 6 is the right number) with different volume and input options available from the lists above.

so, here are the Qs:
1. At the moment I have the Nuvo Essentia system with the MPS4 addition. It is set up to work with panels in 3 rooms. I cannot see an option for spotify or other streaming services apart from Serius. Am I correct to assume that Nuvo will not be able to do what I want?
2. Assuming I need to replace the Nuvo. There are existing speakers set up in 3 rooms. What would be my options to reuse these speakers and also integrate new non wired speakers (free standing or wall mounted) to achieve my 6 room nirvana as described above?
3. I have heard of Sonos, Bluesound and Denon Heos. Does any of these allow me to do what I described above? If so, and considering my 3 rooms with speakers and 3 without anything, what would be the components needed?
4. I have a Bose Sound Touch 2. Is there any chance that this would be usable in any set up (including my current Nuvo set up)
5. If the decision comes to me replacing the Nuvo, is there a reputable place to sell or trade the Nuvo that would be recommended? I have used Ebay in the past but there are far too many scammers and the Nuvo is a really expensive bit of kit.

Thank you all in advance.
Dimitris

Hi, I know this post is quite old but I'm interested to know whether you've found a workable solution?

Hi, I know this post is quite old but I'm interested to know whether you've found a workable solution?
I recommend you start a new thread questioning exactly what you need to do

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom