Replacing my Sony W705C

winterx

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'd like to replace my current Sony 48W705C with some 4k tv with HDR. My budget is max. 1000 euro at the moment, probably won't change.

I want TV with HDR, but high quality HDR is not really necessary, I mean one with 1000 nits :D
I've been considering buying some Sony TV but my current W705C makes me mad about its performance. Its menu is slow like any other Sony tv till now. I hostly don't know about the newest models, so if you could provide me with some information it would be great.

So:
-HDR
- only for console and movies (no satellite TV)

I was looking at the current prices and I think Samsung K6400 seems to be a good choice. Unfortunately, there are not many reviews, so it's hard to decide. Sony TV between 48-55 are mostly IPS - don't want it. Only VA panels allowed! :)

I'd go for KS7000 but its price in my country (the Netherlands) is terribly high - around 1700 euro for 49" version.

Seems very odd that the same TV here in the UK is going for less than £900 even less with retailer discount codes and cashback.

Perhaps you would be better ordering from Belgium or even Germany. I don't understand why it's so much more expensive.

The next TV that does decent HDR is the KS8000 or Sony XD93.

If you're looking cheaper the Panasonic DX-750 won't live up to the Samsung ks' HDR but it's cheaper and is probably the best TV to at least have respectable HDR even if it doesn't get bright enough.

Panasonic DX750 is unavailable in my country or I just simply I can't find its equivalent for my country.

I'll try to order it from Belgium. I don't want to buy a TV for only one year, that's why I'd like to stick with KS7000.

Hmm I think the model number is different. Is the DX-780 there?

This reminds me of when I used to live in NL. It was so difficult at times to find certain products. I guess companies aren't too fussed in a smaller population or maybe Philips just rule the roost.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom