Replacing Lightwave Connect series 2-gang with with Lightwave Smart series 2-gang switch (part 2)

jasehigh

Novice Member
I'm continuing to replace my Lightwave connect series switches with the Lightwave smart series switches, to get greater LED compatibility and native homekit support.
I have an issue replacing a 2-gang switch in the Hall that controls both the Hall light and the outside Porch Light.

The diagram below shows the current switch wiring and my attempts to rewire the switch.
Hall Light Switch.jpeg

Any advise on how I can wire the switch so both the Hall and Porch light work would be very much appreciated.

Jase.

Last edited:

nigelk1

Your new wiring is correct and the test you have done with swapping the wires would indicate it could be an issue with one gang on the new switch not working.

have you contacted their support ?

jasehigh

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't see an issue with the wiring either.
I have 2 Lightwave switches that appear dead on arrival, looks like I need to add this to the support ticket I've raised.

nigelk1

That’s poor, I’ve not had trouble like that before.

did you update the firmware and do the lights work as expected ?

jasehigh

Novice Member
Replaced the faulty switch, updated the firmware...

Both gangs now work as expected. However, the light on one-gang will not go off when the switch is off. If I swap the switch wires over, the other gang will not switch off.

Last edited:

Chester

When you say it won't switch off, it's bright or there is a small glow? If it's the former, looks like you're super unlucky and got yourself another faulty dimmer.

jasehigh

Novice Member
LightWave, who repaired/replaced these switches. Tried the second repaired switch and all works as expected. Looks like another email to Lightwave support, who (to be fair) have been excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom